Who is this?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Who is this?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Just quickly, who is this standing behind and right of Trump in this video? Anyone know?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... -politics/

Just wanting a quick ID here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Who is this?

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Kevin McCarthy, otherwise known as "Steve."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Just a few fun tidbits about Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R), CA-23, and now House Minority Leader:

► His district is considered to be very rural, and very blue-collar.

► On October 23, 2018, McCarthy tweeted that businessman George Soros, businessman Tom Steyer and former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, all of whom are Jewish, were trying to "buy" the upcoming election. McCarthy tweeted this a day after a pipe bomb was delivered to Soros' home.

► "There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy said, according to Entous, a superb reporter who heard a tape recording of the colloquy. "Swear to God."

In the Washington Post piece, McCarthy’s remark is met with laughter, and Ryan cautions his colleagues, "This is an off the record . . . No leaks! . . . All right?"

And then, amid more laughter, Paul Ryan says, "This is how we know we’re a real family here."

"That’s how you know that we’re tight," Steve Scalise, the House Majority Whip, says.

"What’s said in the family stays in the family," Ryan concludes.

► McCarthy’s BIL has won more than $7 million in military contracts in McCarthy’s district by claiming that he’s one-eighth Cherokee.

Spoiler alert: He... is not Cherokee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, basically, they're a mafia now. I mean, it just never stops with these idiots. All of them. They're just rotten to the core and you have damned subgenius, Markk, Ajax, Bach, and others seeing this stuff posted and just shutting it down in their brains because of whatever pet issues they have.

They. Don't. Care.

The GOP is a crime syndicate.

eta: Adam Entous profile in case you're curious:

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/adam-entous

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:► McCarthy’s brother in-law has won more than $7 million in military contracts in McCarthy’s district by claiming that he’s one-eighth Cherokee.

My goodness!

So now Trump will start referring to him on every possible occasion as Big Chief Sitting Bull? I mean, that would show some consistency ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Just a few fun tidbits about Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R), CA-23, and now House Minority Leader:

► His district is considered to be very rural, and very blue-collar.

► On October 23, 2018, McCarthy tweeted that businessman George Soros, businessman Tom Steyer and former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, all of whom are Jewish, were trying to "buy" the upcoming election. McCarthy tweeted this a day after a pipe bomb was delivered to Soros' home.

► "There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy said, according to Entous, a superb reporter who heard a tape recording of the colloquy. "Swear to God."

In the Washington Post piece, McCarthy’s remark is met with laughter, and Ryan cautions his colleagues, "This is an off the record . . . No leaks! . . . All right?"

And then, amid more laughter, Paul Ryan says, "This is how we know we’re a real family here."

"That’s how you know that we’re tight," Steve Scalise, the House Majority Whip, says.

"What’s said in the family stays in the family," Ryan concludes.

► McCarthy’s brother in-law has won more than $7 million in military contracts in McCarthy’s district by claiming that he’s one-eighth Cherokee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, basically, they're a mafia now. I mean, it just never stops with these ____. All of them. They're just rotten to the core and you have ____ subgenius, Markk, Ajax, Bach, and others seeing this stuff posted and just shutting it down in their brains because of whatever pet issues they have.

They. Don't. Care.

The GOP is a crime syndicate.

eta: Adam Entous profile in case you're curious:

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/adam-entous

- Doc

It's very sad, Doc. Because we need principled conservatives. But that is gone from the party now. Maybe Mitt is the savior, but I think the poison will have to run its course.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thanks everyone. I couldn't identify the man myself.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb