And now we get idiot ?????She Sharia?????

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: And now we get idiot “She Sharia”

Post by _Gunnar »

I am continually amazed at how people like Bach and other Trump supporters continue to attempt to belittle, humiliate, excoriate and condemn democrats for the most innocuous little things while ignoring the most egregious misbehavior, incompetence and dishonesty of Republican politicians like Trump. This is the very epitome of "grasping at straws" and hypocrisy! Bach should be deeply embarrassed and ashamed of himself for the OP of this thread!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Yup. The OP is just silly.

On Bach's use of the word 'sharia': I think we can conclude that a woman who does not wear a hijab and who says the m-f word in public is very, very unlikely to advocate the adoption of sharia law in place of US law. So she won't be urging people to get together to stone Bach any time soon.

Further, I don't know anything about her private religious practice, but whatever the religion of her ancestors was, I suspect that she is likely to be about as much Muslim as Donald Trump is Christian.

I wondered what Bach meant by 'She couldn’t make her own family work', until I found that she was divorced. Like Donald Trump, you mean?

Silliness piled on silliness.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-ref ... ic-leaders

One of these knowledgeable sources told The Daily Beast President Trump kicked off the meeting with a rant lasting roughly 15 minutes that included his $5.6 billion demand for a border wall, and threatened that he was willing to keep the government closed for “years” if that’s what it took to get his wall. He also, unprompted, brought up the Democrats who want him impeached, and even blamed Pelosi for new Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib saying at a party earlier this week that Democrats would impeach the “idiot” Trump. (It is unclear why Trump would think Pelosi was responsible for this.)

Trump dropped the f-bomb three times during his meeting.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Chap wrote:Yup. The OP is just silly.

On Bach's use of the word 'sharia': I think we can conclude that a woman who does not wear a hijab and who says the m-f word in public is very, very unlikely to advocate the adoption of sharia law in place of US law. So she won't be urging people to get together to stone Bach any time soon.

Further, I don't know anything about her private religious practice, but whatever the religion of her ancestors was, I suspect that she is likely to be about as much Muslim as Donald Trump is Christian.

I wondered what Bach meant by 'She couldn’t make her own family work', until I found that she was divorced. Like Donald Trump, you mean?

Silliness piled on silliness.

:lol: :lol: Indeed!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-referred-to-shutdown-as-strike-in-profanity-laced-meeting-with-democratic-leaders

One of these knowledgeable sources told The Daily Beast President Trump kicked off the meeting with a rant lasting roughly 15 minutes that included his $5.6 billion demand for a border wall, and threatened that he was willing to keep the government closed for “years” if that’s what it took to get his wall. He also, unprompted, brought up the Democrats who want him impeached, and even blamed Pelosi for new Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib saying at a party earlier this week that Democrats would impeach the “idiot” Trump. (It is unclear why Trump would think Pelosi was responsible for this.)

Trump dropped the f-bomb three times during his meeting.

- Doc

But, Tlaib is a woman! Not only that, she is a Democrat! Of course she must be held to a higher standard than Trump! :rolleyes:

― Harlan Ellison