Romney to challenge Trump for Presidency

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Romney to challenge Trump for Presidency

Post by _SuperDell »

You read it right. The Mittster is looking at challenging T-Rump for the party nomination to run for President in the next election.

Keeping it low key and quiet - "his people" are exploring the options this two time Presidential loser has to take over as the Republican Candidate in the upcoming election. He is a U.S. Senator and somehow believes now would be a good time for him to run again - considering just how divisive T-Rump is.

Quite the choice, isn't it? The MoronicPriesthood special or the sexual predator who can't tell the truth?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_jfro18
_Emeritus

Re: Romney to challenge Trump for Presidency

Post by _jfro18 »

I'm sure a lot of people are looking at this, but there's just no chance...

If someone were to truly challenge Trump, they're going to have to be someone fresher than Romney. Furthermore, no one is going to challenge Trump in any legitimate sense until things *really* fall apart.

The reason for that is simple -- no Republican can win the presidency without a unified party, and Trump would blow the entire thing up if he somehow lost the primaries in 2020... so he would need to almost be forced out before a real challenger could rise.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

That's no surprise.....really. Will make things interesting.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

What is difficult and most important (in my opinion)...is who in the hell will run on the Democratic ticket? Oprah?? Michele Obama???? Me??? :rolleyes:
_GameOver
_Emeritus

Post by _GameOver »

Trump will wipe the floor with Romney, just like he did with his other challengers. I doubt a Mormon will EVER become President. There’s too much of a stigma against Mormonism. Also, the Repub Party would be highly reluctant to support and fund a two-time loser to the throne, just as the Dem Party would be highly reluctant to support and fund Hillary for a 3rd run.
_lemuel
_Emeritus

Post by _lemuel »

If Trump loses a primary to a repub challenger, he runs as an independent, guaranteeing a Dem victory. Hence, there won't be a primary challenge.
_Fiannan
_Emeritus

Post by _Fiannan »

You know, whenever I hear anything about Mitt Romney I start thinking that dude who says a lot of the elite are reptilian shape-shifters might be onto something.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Jeff Flake might beat Romney. He is not a country club republican.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Oh gosh, I pray that that doesn't happen.

If it does, that'll mean time spent on my part constantly moving Romney threads from the Terrestrial Forum to the off-topic forums.

Like this thread.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Such a challenge would be doomed to fail since Trump is the living embodiment of all things Republican. He is more popular than Lincoln. His crowds are the biggest crowds and his words are the best. Anyone who disputes this is a fake poster controlled by George Soros. Besides, Mitt Romney is a Mor-man and would not fit in at Mar-a-Lago.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace