When prophecy fails.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

When prophecy fails.

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: When prophecy fails.

Post by _subgenius »

Thanks for the link and run
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Thanks for the link and run

Oh, the whole website is worth it. Great reading. Gives a good insight into the Religious/Evangelical Right’s mindset, through their own words.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

canpakes wrote:Gives a good insight into the Religious/Evangelical Right’s mindset, through their own words.

Yup. I like this bit from the second link:

“If you hear Bader Ginsburg talk, she talks about the Constitution of America being terribly flawed,” Howard-Brown said in a video clip flagged by Right Wing Watch. “And that if [Ginsburg] were there to rewrite the Constitution, they would not use the U.S. Constitution has the model.”

Howard-Brown is referring to comments Ginsburg made back in 2012 where she said, “I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a Constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the Constitution of South Africa,” adding that she thought it was “a great piece of work that was done. Much more recent than the U.S. Constitution.”

Hall agreed, saying that Ginsburg shared the same view in regards to the Arab Spring when she allegedly posited that Egypt should look to countries other then the U.S. when rewriting their constitution.

“At that juncture, shouldn’t she have been removed from office?” Howard-Brown asked. “That was high treason!”

Somebody there is mouthing off on TV about judges and the Constitution without understanding some basic facts:

(1) The judges of the Supreme Court are there to (amongst other things) to rule on whether certain acts are or are not consistent with the provisions of the Constitution, as that document currently stands.

BUT

(2) There is absolutely no contradiction between their carrying out that duty conscientiously in accordance with their oath of office, and thinking that it would have been better if the Constitution had been differently written, or that the constitutions of other countries may be better in some respects. They certainly do NOT have to force themselves to accept that the US Constitution is some kind of divinely dictated and blessed document that it is a sin to question or criticise.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.