Australian and US Elections.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Australian and US Elections.

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:
aussieguy55 wrote:The government subsidizes the cost.

why do they do this?

Because they are communists who hate freedom.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Elections should be held on Saturday so that it:

I doubt the Democrats would like that much since it helps bring working people out to vote. A better idea for them would be a mandatory straight democratic ticket vote while picking up their social welfare check at the welfare office. And of course you need a state social services worker to help them read and fill out the ballot properly.

Impose a fine for not voting. Simply put, it's the price of personal liberty and freedom. There is NOTHING free in this world. And neither a perfect personal freedom concept in absolute terms.

Wouldn't this be an unfair tax on poverty? What if they don't pay the fine? Put them in jail to add to the overcrowded prisons likely with an even higher representation from minority groups? You can't even make them bring an ID card to vote. How on earth would you ever fine them for not voting?

When tens of thousands of votes show up out of thin air without any nonpartisan supervision, people start realizing that their vote doesn't really matter. It's funny that in an impoverished nation like Mexico voter participation increased when ID cards were required to vote. The people went out to vote because they realized it would be more difficult to rig the election.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

In Australia we argue the best welfare is a job. If it means we spend some money training if is worth it.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

aussieguy55 wrote:The Government has been promoting solar power and people to place solar panels on their roofs. Just got my three month electricity bill. $38.00

Yeah, it doesn't rain much there does it? The Louisiana state government once promised a tax break for installing solar panels. They reneged on the deal in February after many people put $50k into the installation thinking they'd get $25k back.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.