Ginsberg Seriously Injured

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Ginsberg Seriously Injured

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/politics ... index.html

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured three ribs after falling in her Supreme Court office Wednesday night, the Supreme Court said in a statement.

According to the statement, Ginsburg, 85, experienced discomfort after going home following the fall and was admitted to George Washington University Thursday morning for observation and treatment.

As one of the court's older members, Ginsburg's health has become the subject of much attention in recent years.

In November 2014, she underwent a heart procedure to have a stent placed in her right coronary artery, and in 2009, she was treated for early stages of pancreatic cancer.

In 1999, just six years after being sworn in as an associate justice, Ginsburg successfully underwent surgery to treat colon cancer.

Ginsburg, who has served on the high court since 1993, is an icon among progressives.

Oh, boy. I wonder who Trump would nominate if he gets a shot at a 3rd justice for the Supreme Court?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Ginsberg Seriously Injured

Post by _EAllusion »

Democrats are going to spend the 2020 primary hotly debating whether to pursue minor differences in a center-left agenda that, even if they could pass it, the Supreme Court will strike down as a far-right super-legislature.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

*cough*

Amy Coney-Barrett

*cough*

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Oof! I cracked a rib once along with tearing an intercostal muscle. Crap was painful as all get-out. Coughing and sneezing were absolutely terrifying.

I can't even imagine what three would be like, with being elderly ta'boot. Hopefully this doesn't end up depressing her breathing too much, leading to pneumonia.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-fractured-ribs-hospitalized/index.html

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured three ribs after falling in her Supreme Court office Wednesday night, the Supreme Court said in a statement.

According to the statement, Ginsburg, 85, experienced discomfort after going home following the fall and was admitted to George Washington University Thursday morning for observation and treatment.

As one of the court's older members, Ginsburg's health has become the subject of much attention in recent years.

In November 2014, she underwent a heart procedure to have a stent placed in her right coronary artery, and in 2009, she was treated for early stages of pancreatic cancer.

In 1999, just six years after being sworn in as an associate justice, Ginsburg successfully underwent surgery to treat colon cancer.

Ginsburg, who has served on the high court since 1993, is an icon among progressives.

Oh, boy. I wonder who Trump would nominate if he gets a shot at a 3rd justice for the Supreme Court?

- Doc

I know right? he is already busy with the cornucopia of federal judge nominees that ste forthcoming for this much friendlier Senate...Ruth Bader Ginsburg would be the polish on the judicial silver platter the Dems are serving to Trump courts already.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/supreme ... dure-.html

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, undergoes lung procedure to remove cancerous growth

Cancer nodules formed from her fall. Barrett Watch in full swing as Dems suddenly find religion again.

- Doc

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So of course I logged in to argue with you.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-85-reportedly-undergoes-lung-procedure-.html

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, undergoes lung procedure to remove cancerous growth

Cancer nodules formed from her fall. Barrett Watch in full swing as Dems suddenly find religion again.

- Doc

That's not what it says. It doesn't say that cancer nodules formed from her fall.

It says they were discovered during her examination after her fall/rib fracture.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Right here

Two nodules in the lower lobe of her left lung were discovered incidentally during tests she received while being treated for rib fractures sustained in a fall last month. Both nodules were found to be malignant during an initial evaluation.

Don't make me do this again. I was sitting here all chill and whatnot.

;-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Oh get out the soap box and be done with it.

You don't get lung cancer from breaking your flippin' ribs. If there's any connection at all, it's cancer that has metastastized.

It's too late for this.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

D'oh! You're right, of course. I read the article and for some reason I came away with the notion that the fractures contributed to her cancer nodules.

I stand corrected!

Googling a bit here is her typical workout routine:

https://youtu.be/0oBodJHX1Vg?t=217

I can see why she's so resilient!

- Doc