7 Actions that Could Shrink the Gender Wage Gap

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: 7 Actions that Could Shrink the Gender Wage Gap

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
ajax18 wrote:people want top of the line trained teachers but aren't willing to pay for it.

I agree with ajax18.

Some people who earn much larger salaries seem to be under the impression that bright and hard-working people should be prepared to work as teachers for ridiculous salaries as if it was some kind of religious vocation. (Oh, and 'the holidays'. When they have to work too, usually)

Such people are kidding themselves, and everybody else. Peanuts. Monkeys (mostly, plus a few angels). You generally get what you pay for.

We want the investment in our children's future to come from everywhere but our own pockets. It's sickening really.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

They want someone else to meet their financial and parenting responsiblities is what they really want.

I couldn't agree more. I remember an administrator at a classroom management lecture I was required to attend preach to us, "If the kids are bathed, clothed and on the bus in the morning, the parents have done their part." Even feeding them has become the school's responsibility.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
They want someone else to meet their financial and parenting responsiblities is what they really want.

I couldn't agree more. I remember an administrator at a classroom management lecture I was required to attend preach to us, "If the kids are bathed, clothed and on the bus in the morning, the parents have done their part." Even feeding them has become the school's responsibility.

I've actually heard admins make such statements at parent orientation. Where's the parent involvement?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb