Turnabout is...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Turnabout is...

Post by _subgenius »

fair play....correct?
So, since we have already seen countless conclusions and accusations about armed white guys showing political support...lets see if that echoes here (a.k.a. here is the left's
opportunity to resolve your thinly veiled racism).
Images of armed Black Panthers for Stacy Abrams here:

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/04/blac ... ey-abrams/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/opin ... trump.html

So, if "stupid redneck" is already taken, what are Libs/Dems gonna call these guys?....and yeah yeah we all get it, somehow still Trump's fault.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Turnabout is...

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Straw man, red herring... too many words to describe your non arguments. What exactly is your point?

I haven't seen any conclusions or accusations, let alone "countless conclusions and accusations about armed white guys showing political support."

All I see here is proof that white people are all about arming white people only. When white people do it, it is patriotism and you're law abiding. When black people do it, it is thuggish and there must be something nefarious going on.

Daily Caller can't withhold its racist bias for even the first sentence. It describes armed black citizens exercising their 2nd amendment right as "strapped with assault rifles" which is typical gang lingo for having a gun on them. Four guys posing for photo represents "marching" as if they're preparing for a war. They're also referring to these guns as "assault" weapons when in the hands of black people, but in other contexts they'll argue the term "assault" is just a scare word created by Liberals. I've never heard a white Republican talk about being "strapped." The Daily Caller article you posted is just dripping with racist fear mongering, but that's typical.

The real "turnabout" is how the Republican party moved from promoting gun control under Ronald Reagan because they didn't like the Black Panther party exercising their right to carry rifles openly. But a million white rednecks? Sure.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

the point isnt about the Daily Caller's opinion (link only provided for the too-large-to-post images) but rather the opinion of several posters on this board that have adamantly expressed their opinion on similar circumstances among white conservatives/Republicans....

but i interrupted you avoiding the snare of your own design.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

There's a guy in Texas, he heads up Open Carry Texas, who tried to get Black folks to join him in his cause. Let's just say they weren't having it.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... fifth-ward

Here's an article talking about Black Open Carry:

https://www.texasstandard.org/stories/b ... ng-dallas/

So it seems the open carry types want to be inclusive, but they face serious social hurdles.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.