Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: EXCELLENT NEWS! PERFUME TOURS NORTH AMERICA IN 2019!!!

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:If you end up in Seattle, please let me know. I’ll treat you to a better representative of the bar scene. :wink:

Thank you, my friend. I can only imagine Seattle's bar scene is orders of magnitude better than Salt Lake City's.

What do you mean???? BarX and the Manhattan Club always did the trick for me back in the mid to late 90's. I kind of miss last call at 1 am now that I am in Las Vegas ...... not really.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Image

OMG!!!

I wonder if they'll open up any more dates/venues????
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:I wonder if they'll open up any more dates/venues????

Probably not venues, but I think it's well within the realm of possibility that they'll open up a second date at any given venue if the tickets sell out too fast.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Well, it's decided. A week ago last Friday I was able to get my ticket to Perfume in San Jose for April 17, 2019. Getting the confirmation e-mail saying, "Congratulations, you're going to Perfume" left me in a state of euphoria.

I'll be flying in sometime that day, getting an Uber ride to the venue, staying in a hotel after the show, then flying out the next day. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit in a visit with my uncle and his family.

I'm not sure how many mormondiscussions.com members are in the Bay Area, but if any of you are going, I'll see you there!

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Well, it's decided. A week ago last Friday I was able to get my ticket to Perfume in San Jose for April 17, 2019. Getting the confirmation e-mail saying, "Congratulations, you're going to Perfume" left me in a state of euphoria.

I'll be flying in sometime that day, getting an Uber ride to the venue, staying in a hotel after the show, then flying out the next day. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit in a visit with my uncle and his family.

I'm not sure how many mormondiscussions.com members are in the Bay Area, but if any of you are going, I'll see you there!

Damn! That's going to be AH mazing!

See if the folks can come to the hotel for a little visit. Maybe catch an after-show bite to eat there or the morning before you head out again. Give you a ride to the airport!
;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

An hour and 14 minutes may be a little long for a sampler--referring to the last YouTube link I posted--so here's something else I just discovered:

A medley of Perfume's first 62 songs, along with the corresponding videos, from the beginning up until 2011. Clocking in at only 13 minutes and 47 seconds, it works perfectly as a sampler to whet one's appetite for more.

ENJOY!!

--Louis Midgley
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Dear Shades,

Thanks for bumping this thread. Every time I see it at the top of the cue I am reminded that there is really little difference underpinning the LDS concept of spirit paradise and the Catholic concept of purgatory.

:)
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa