Hillary: 'I'd Like To Be President'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Hillary: 'I'd Like To Be President'

Post by _ajax18 »

The last 3 presidential losers prior Clinton retired from public life? Mitt Romney, John McCain, and John Kerry? Um, Ok. Does Utah know about this?

Clinton, McCain, and Kerry still criticize the opposition party.

Clinton isn't in public life in a way that is different than Bush or basically any other political figure. She's not running for president. She gets a lot more, "she needs to go away and knit or something" commentary than any of them.

GWB didn't disparage his successor. He doesn't go on verbal attacks of the opposition party. He acts like best friends with the Clintons and Michelle Obama. He's just a part of the Washington political elite club which includes both Democrats and Republicans. His retirement from public life is far different from Hillary Clinton and for that matter different from Mitt Romney. GWB is a nobody in the Republican party now and as far as I'm aware none of the serious contenders in the Republican presidential primary sought his endorsment.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

George W. Bush was publicly working his connections to get Kavanaugh confirmed just a few weeks ago. That’s almost impressive in its short memory.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

EAllusion wrote:Clinton was jokingly admonishing the moderator for mixing up black political figures. That right-wing media is outraged that their manufacturered outrage over a misrepresented story isn’t getting enough outrage is too meta for me.

But cool with the whole cloth fabrication of Dr Brown...got it!
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

EAllusion wrote:George W. Bush was publicly working his connections to get Kavanaugh confirmed just a few weeks ago. That’s almost impressive in its short memory.

Yes, what a worthy comparison to Obama's inflammatory fundraising campaign speeches of last week. Guess you showed us.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:George W. Bush was publicly working his connections to get Kavanaugh confirmed just a few weeks ago. That’s almost impressive in its short memory.

Yes, what a worthy comparison to Obama's inflammatory fundraising campaign speeches of last week. Guess you showed us.
It does refute the notion that Bush is a non-political actor with no influence who just occasionally hangs out with the bipartisan elite.