Lawrence Krauss and the black child

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Lawrence Krauss and the black child

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Lawrence Krauss announced that he is going to retire. I don't know if Krauss is guilty or innocent, but statistics show that false accusations are not very rare as some claim.

"White woman called police on black child she falsely accused of groping her"
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... k-child-of

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Arizo ... ist/244922
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10lHwat ... K1a-M/view
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Lawrence Krauss and the black child

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some dude was just fired for saying, "Not bad." when shown a picture of Megan Markle. I think he even worked for PBS which probably makes him a male slave feminist.

Crazy times. This isn't going to work out for 3rd and 4th wave nutjobs feminists.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

DoubtingThomas wrote:it is a scary time for men

I'm not scared. No man I know is scared. Are you actually scared yourself, in the sense that you truly believe that there is a significant risk of something unpleasant happening to you?

By the way, the article about the black child makes it pretty plain that it is about risk to black people just by reason of their being black, this child included, e.g.

Similar incidents involving white people calling police on black people have garnered widespread attention this year. In one instance, a white woman later dubbed "BBQ Becky" called the police on a black family that was grilling in a local park.

In another instance, a Starbucks employee called police on two black men in April after the two sat in the coffee shop without purchasing anything while waiting to meet someone. The incident led the company to announce it would close all company owned stores for an afternoon to conduct racial bias training.

This is not about risks to men in general.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Chap wrote:I'm not scared. No man I know is scared. Are you actually scared yourself, in the sense that you truly believe that there is a significant risk of something unpleasant happening to you?

I am not scared, I am more afraid of traffic accidents, but I still drive. We men simply need to be very careful.

Chap wrote: This is not about risks to men in general.

I hope you are right.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

and I do think Kavanaugh is guilty. He should go to jail!
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

DoubtingThomas wrote:and I do think Kavanaugh is guilty. He should go to jail!

No he shouldn't, because there is almost certainly not enough evidence to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.

It was however, in my view, a woeful lack of proper prudence and of concern for the long-term public good and for the fair administration of justice that put this person on the bench of the Supreme Court. That decision was made on wholly political grounds, and the senators who made it failed in their duty to the constitution.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.