Migrant Caravan Tears Down Border Fence, Storms Mexico

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Migrant Caravan Tears Down Border Fence, Storms Mexico

Post by _Kevin Graham »

ajax18 wrote:Go live in Central America for a little while. Once you've smelt it as well as seen it, you'll soon realize that no fearmongerer needed to send you subliminal messages to incite your emotion of disgust. You'll realize your primitive brain had very good reason to see it as disgusting.

I've been to Central America many times. In fact, Costa Rica is a hot spot for Americans to retire. As is Belize. And Panama.

What It’s Like to Live in Guatemala (And Why We’re Still Here)

When thousands of Americans want to retire to these places as opposed to Florida, then you know you're assumptions are very wrong.

Meanwhile, back in Ajax's state:

These Are The 10 Most Ghetto Cities In West Virginia For 2018

Virtually no one wants to retire in that crap hole state.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kevin Graham wrote:WV. Virtually no one wants to retire in that crap hole state.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:Virtually no one wants to retire in that crap hole state.

sez the guy who chooses to live in GA, for the Georgia Bacon no doubt.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/j5z ... hing-to-do

Hundreds of U.S. troops are now living at the border in a muddy camp with nothing to do

You have to watch the video from the link. This is such a perfect military boondoggle. Lol.

This is what $200-300M will get the taxpayer. The military is literally sitting there waiting for Border Patrol to tell them where to 'harden' the border, which is basically moving out to a location and setting up concertina wire.

Lol.

Holy crap this is... This is just so perfect. Perfect.

Well, at least the troops will be home for the holidays. Oh. Wait.

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Well, at the troops will be home for the holidays. Oh. Wait.

We can thank the turkey in the White House for that.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Well, at the troops will be home for the holidays. Oh. Wait.

They will be rewarded for their sacrifice with a visit by the Commander and Chief.**

**Weather permitting.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Trump isn’t doing himself any favors at this point in shaping his appeals and language strictly for consumption by his core Base...

Chief Justice John Roberts issued a rare rebuke to President Donald Trump on Wednesday, defending the "independent judiciary" and contradicting Trump's latest attack on a federal judge.

"We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges. What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them," Roberts said in a statement. "That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for."

The comments came less than 24 hours after Trump attacked a ruling against his latest asylum policy as having come from "an Obama judge."
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

President Snowflake speaks:

”Every case gets filed in the 9th Circuit because they know that's not law. They know that's not what this country stands for. Every case that gets filed in the 9th Circuit, we get beaten." Trump said. "People should not be allowed to immediately run to this very friendly circuit and then file their case."

“The 9th Circuit is really something we have to take a look at because it’s not fair!

“... it’s not fair!” ... lol ...