Harvard Asks 31 FakeNews Papers be Retracted from Journals

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Harvard Asks 31 FakeNews Papers be Retracted from Journa

Post by _EAllusion »

The revenue neutral carbon tax was the policy that made the most sense of those. It should've appealed to more libertarian / economic conservative sensibilities, but those inclined towards that are more likely to have terribly incorrect views on the relative negative externality carbon emissions represents.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

EAllusion wrote:
Water Dog wrote:Welp, pro climate change initiatives failed in Arizona, CO, and Washington.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Bal ... 370355.php

I bet you anything the age breakdowns on how people voted on those measures is really depressing when you think about it for a second.

Well, the solution is to become a type I civilization. Science will solve the climate change problem, politics won't do jack ______.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Science will solve the climate change problem,

Oh. science has already done that. It's pretty clear what needs to be done if we are to act prudently as a group of people living in a dangerous, complex and rapidly changing world.

It's just that nobody feels like taking the steps required, which depend on the political will to do difficult things in the short and medium term to avoid disaster in the longer term.

DoubtingThomas wrote: ... politics won't do jack ______.

That's about it. Without the politics, science can do nothing.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.