Ryan Zinke Corruption News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Ryan Zinke Corruption News

Post by _EAllusion »

Ryan Zinke is under around 14 investigations for various corruption issues at the Department of Interior. The White House recently fired the career Inspector General overseeing them without notice and had that person replaced with a partisan Republican operative:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ry-n920741

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-envir ... -inspector
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Ryan Zinke Corruption News

Post by _ajax18 »

Maybe it will cut down on the leaks.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:Maybe it will cut down on the leaks.

Yes, it’s important that corruption isn’t exposed.

I’m sure you feel the same way about a lot of disability recipients who are stealing benefits.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
ajax18 wrote:Maybe it will cut down on the leaks.

Yes, it’s important that corruption isn’t exposed.

I’m sure you feel the same way about a lot of disability recipients who are stealing benefits.

Exceptionally wealthy people must love dupes like ajax. The real takers in this country love anything to misdirect voters from what they're doing to our nation.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

The scale of corruption in this admin is really difficult to take in and explain to someone who doesn't already get it. There's no modern presidential equivalent. I have to reach to countries run by tin-pot dictators for good analogies. The examples are so voluminous and intertwined that I think I'd struggle to explain it in a man-on-the-street interview. I'd need to sit down and write a researched essay to feel happy about how I'm getting it across.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

EAllusion wrote:... The White House recently fired the career Inspector General overseeing them without notice and had that person replaced with a partisan Republican operative:

was the recently fired career Inspector General a non-partisan Democratic operative?

(and as a follow-up...operative?)
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

just so i am clear on your logic/reasoning/emotional-cognition...nominated by Obama Democrat=non corrupt, nominated by Trump Republican=corrupt.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

subgenius wrote:was the recently fired career Inspector General a non-partisan Democratic operative?

(and as a follow-up...operative?)

No, they were not. She is a career bureaucrat who got her start in the Reagan ministration. She held the deputy IG job during the Bush admin and was promoted on a temporary basis during the Obama admin through attrition. I'm sure you can look up what the word operative means or Tufts resume.

Do you have anything in your toolbelt other than false equivalence and exclaiming, "you do it too?!"
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is exploring a job opportunity with Fox News as a contributor, sources familiar with the situation said in a Politico report published on Thursday.

Zinke, who came under fire for a series of scandals, plans on resigning from the Interior Department by the end of the year, sources said. The former House Republican and Navy SEAL is currently under an ethics investigation for possibly using his position for personal gain.

In addition to potential opportunities with the conservative-leaning news organization, Zinke is interested in working for energy companies and private equity firms, two sources told Politico.

Both Fox News and the Interior Department denied that talks had taken place. One Interior Department official told Business Insider that the report as "completely fabricated," while a Fox News spokesperson said that "no one at Fox News has spoken to Zinke about a contributor role".

The exact details of the inspector general's investigation remain unclear, but Zinke has been scrutinized for a number of incidents — including reportedly spending thousands of dollars in taxpayer funds for a government helicopter ride to arrive on time for a horseback ride with Vice President Mike Pence; and a lucrative real-estate deal in his Montana hometown that involves oil giant Halliburton, a company the Interior Department regulates.

Zinke has previously had similar issues related to his use of government funds. While on official military orders in the late 1990s, he made some restoration work on a childhood home and was eventually forced to repay some unauthorized expenses to the Navy, Outside magazine previously reported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ryan-zi ... nt-2018-11
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

EAllusion wrote:The scale of corruption in this admin is really difficult to take in and explain to someone who doesn't already get it. There's no modern presidential equivalent. I have to reach to countries run by tin-pot dictators for good analogies. The examples are so voluminous and intertwined that I think I'd struggle to explain it in a man-on-the-street interview. I'd need to sit down and write a researched essay to feel happy about how I'm getting it across.

PLEASE DO.