Man ?????Identifying????? As Woman Wins Women?????s World Cycling Champ.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Re: Man “Identifying” As Woman Wins Women’s World Cycling Ch

Post by _cinepro »

subgenius wrote:Image

Well, I was going to ask what the second-place finisher is thinking, but we know what the third place finisher thought:

I was the 3rd place rider. It’s definitely NOT fair.

https://Twitter.com/jkwagnermd/status/1 ... 5698976773
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Cinepro,

I perused her Twitter profile thanks to your link. This lady really puts her heart and soul into her racing, and I think it's incredibly unfair of a male to rob her of a win or a higher placement just because he has some sort of identity dysphoria going on. She seems like a winner and I really admire the energy and effort she puts into living.

I feel bad for fellas who feel like ladies, and want to compete in lady things because that's their thing. I do. But it's just not fair to the women who put their hearts and souls into their sport. Perhaps we just create a transgender FTM and MTF and whatever else category so they can compete and receive recognition for their hard work, too? I wouldn't have any issues with that.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Perhaps we just create a transgender FTM and MTF and whatever else category so they can compete and receive recognition for their hard work, too? I wouldn't have any issues with that.

- Doc

That. That right there.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb