Trump Hated Low Interest Rated under Obama

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Hated Low Interest Rated under Obama

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think raising the rates a bit to pump the brakes on home buying is probably a good thing. Low rates inflate the cost of home pretty rapidly. My wife and I just closed on a 2nd place, and secured a 4.375 while talking the seller down 14k. By the time we signed the paperwork I think rates were around 4.6 to 4.9? I have a feeling if rates were still at 2.75 to 3.25 that house would've been gone in a NY second at the original asking price.

When housing prices along with rent is skyrocketing, the value of our dollar begins to suffer from commensurate inflation. You'd think a successful real estate magnate might understand the dangers of a runaway housing market fueled by too-low rates. We need to have a happy medium so we avoid bubbles.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.