Florida Woman

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Florida Woman

Post by _EAllusion »

A Florida School Board member has some interesting opinions on rape accusations:

OCALA, Fla. - A Marion County School Board member is under fire Tuesday night for some posts she made on Facebook, which she stands by.

Some of the comments made by board member Nancy Stacy on Facebook: “I do not consider a whore to be a victim in rapes" and “If the girls went with a married man to forbidden grounds they went looking for trouble."

People are speaking out about the posts, some of them showing up to voice their concerns at Tuesday’s school board meeting.

Stacy defends the posts and told Channel 9’s Myrt Price this is all politically motivated.

"I was very shocked and disappointed,” said Kelly Rogers, who lives in Marion County.

In one post, Stacy wrote, “All you know what comes in my head is out my mouth. Tired of whores destroying men. Set Bill Cosby free says 'Mama Bear' with sons.”

The comments have driven some Marion County residents to attend Tuesday’s school board meeting.

"I would hope that she would be removed, at least either step down, be removed from the board or retire or whatever,” said Michael Ferro at the meeting.

Channel 9’s Myrt Price spoke to Stacy over the phone. She confirmed she made the posts and wasn’t hacked.

"I feel that our nation has regressed back to the days when one white person accused a black person of something and he was hung or jailed. Today, one woman can accuse a man of all ethnicities and he can be jailed,” she said.

She claimed she wasn’t talking about women in general, only prostitutes.

"I do not believe prostitutes can claim rape and have me believe them,” said Stacy.

She said she believes she’s the target of politically motivated attacks.

An online petition is being circulated, pushing for the governor to remove Stacy from office.

This article didn't include some of the choicier full quotes that I only have in pic form, including:

“I flat do not consider a whore to be a victim in rapes. They go to a motel with a rich man with the hopes of getting preg so they can then rape him financially for 18 years. If you walk into a lion’s cage and get attacked it’s not the lion’s fault either!!!”

“Okay so Cosby is in jail because he invited a gal to his home who came alone. She says he offered her 3 pills to help her relax. Why did she think she needed to relax and why did she then voluntarily swallow 3 pills??? Because I totally believe she was a tramp looking for money that’s why!”

“I believe he is a pervert but I believe she is too! Sin all began with Adam and Eve. She got the sinning going. LOL. Women are still really good at it!!”

“When I get to heaven I am looking Eve up first!! She sinned first and I would like to hear here explain it. If she says it was Adam’s fault I will whack her. LOL.”

ETA: Got another link.

What stands out for me is how a novel talking point that just arrived on the scene to defend national conservative figures from allegations of sexual assault makes it into the rhetoric of someone proclaiming Bill Cosby's innocence and arguing for rapists of prostitutes to be given total impunity. It's like watching a disease spread in real time. Also, it's times like these that there needs to be a phrase meaning Uncle Tom, but for women.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Florida Woman

Post by _Some Schmo »

This is the phenomenon I was getting at in my "Why do Republicans hate women" thread. There are certain women who are so anti-women-not-like-them that they have no problem living in a GOP world (and of course, many benefit from having husbands living in that same world).

I can't tell if it's self-loathing or just straight-up denial. Maybe a combination of both.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

This one seems to fit nicely with the theme of this thread:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Mmmm... the happiest place on earth.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.