Kavanaugh and Perjury

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Kavanaugh and Perjury

Post by _EAllusion »

I was thinking about the disproportionate representation in the Senate and how that was talked about by Water Dog et. al. here as the wisdom of the Founding Fathers. They seem to gloss over the fact that it only very narrowly passed with votes from people who said it was a horrible idea, but felt it necessary to get buy-in. They way they talk about the Founding Father's intent, you'd think were some idea receiving universal praise among Constitutional architects. But I digress.

Then I was thinking about how as of right now Democrats are on track for one of the largest landslides in the past 50 years and that is within a point or two of whether or not they'll win a couple dozen seats to barely take the House. The outcome is on the razor's edge at landslide margins. That's because the House is significantly malproportioned due to gerrymandering and clustering effects. This isn't at all what the Founder's intended for House representation. And unlike the topic two Senators per state, this was a fairly universal view of how the legislative body should work. Yet, nary a peep about how the Founder's vision isn't being realized there. I'm starting to think that maybe the concern over what late 1700's politicians thought about the structure of government isn't as all important as it's being made out to be.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:The Kavanaugh drama is much better for Republicans than, say, talking about that one-bleeping day story wherein the President of the United States was revealed to have built his image as a (mostly) self-made billionaire on crime and lies or that major scientific report indicating that the earth is on track to unconscionable catastrophe because of *checks notes* policies Republicans doggedly pursue.

Indeed. We still have a very real, existential threat to our democracy in the form of Trump AND the House Republicans who take money funneled to them through the NRA:

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/commen ... ?context=3

The above link is really worth your time as a refresher and sourced allegation of Russia giving money to our elected Reps.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

#shewasbullied #justbelieveher

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Two years ago, Democrats could have said, “We’re sorry that we ran a bad campaign for an even worse candidate. We’re going to run our best next time to beat Trump.” Instead they rolled out excuse after excuse to defend this anti-woman hack. You reap what you sow. - Tiana Lowe

_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Water Dog wrote:Image

Again, we see how small right-wingers are. They are sad, so they like to see "liberals" sad.

Pathetic babies.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

About time.

_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Excellent waste of taxpayer dollars, but whatever floats your boat. Gotta feed that red meat to the Base to keep them distracted.

Good luck with that one. Let us know how it turns out.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Excellent waste of taxpayer dollars, but whatever floats your boat. Gotta feed that red meat to the Base to keep them distracted.

Naw, good luck was the money, boat-floating, and salad spent chasing Dr Ford's hippocampus up and down the street....
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Excellent waste of taxpayer dollars, but whatever floats your boat. Gotta feed that red meat to the Base to keep them distracted.

Naw, good luck was the money, boat-floating, and salad spent chasing Dr Ford's hippocampus up and down the street....

You can keep us in the loop on how this one goes.

I’m thinkin’ that this one would end up being less productive than even, say, all of those useless Benghaaaaazi investigations, if the Department even followed through. ; )