From ''The republicans are putting my family in danger''

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Amore
_Emeritus

From ''The republicans are putting my family in danger''

Post by _Amore »

ResIspa,
You came back - just for me?? Ah, so sweet! So, are we going to pick up where we left off - you telling others what I believe?

Ok, so since you believe I am in denial... what does that make someone who support spending trillions of dollars just because the weather changes?
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: The republicans are putting my family in danger

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Amore wrote:ResIspa,

[snipped derail]

Ok, so since you believe I am in denial... what does that make someone who support spending trillions of dollars just because the weather changes?

A straw man?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: From ''The republicans are putting my family in danger''

Post by _Jersey Girl »

What genius yanked this out of the existing thread? Amore's post is on topic.

wth
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:What genius yanked this out of the existing thread? Amore's post is on topic.

wth

What genius appointed you backseat moderator?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Amore wrote:.. what does that make someone who support spending trillions of dollars just because the weather changes?

To borrow a phrase from another frequent poster in this forum, that sounds like a ‘hair on fire’ claim. Do you have any examples of this trillion-dollar(s) spending, or are you just pulling asinine statements out of thin air again?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:What genius yanked this out of the existing thread? Amore's post is on topic.

wth

What genius appointed you backseat moderator?

Huh?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Amore wrote:ResIspa,
You came back - just for me?? Ah, so sweet! So, are we going to pick up where we left off - you telling others what I believe?

The longer we delay in addressing and mitigating climate change, the more expensive and difficult it will become to mitigate it, not just in dollars, but in human lives and tragedy. What it will cost to turn it around is peanuts compared to the cost of failure to do so. The weather changes themselves due to climate change are already costing us trillions of dollars, or soon will be.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison