Manafort pleads guilty to conspiracy against the US

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Manafort pleads guilty to conspiracy against the US

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

subgenius wrote:this sounds just like the "oh, Cohen flipped, now its over!"....geez

Ah, yes. The Cohen thing. Let's not forget the

Flynn Thing

Manafort Thing

Tillerson Thing

Sessions Thing

Kushner Thing

Wray Thing

Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius "Russian Law Firm of the Year" Thing

Carter Page Thing

Roger Stone Thing

Felix Sater Thing

Boris Epshteyn Thing

Rosneft Thing

Gazprom Thing (see above)

Sergey Gorkov banker Thing

Azerbaijan Thing

"I Love Putin" Thing

Lavrov Thing

Sergey Kislyak Thing

Oval Office Thing

Gingrich Kislyak Phone Calls Thing

Russian Business Interest Thing

Emoluments Clause Thing

Alex Schnaider Thing

Hack of the DNC Thing

Guccifer 2.0 Thing

Mike Pence "I don't know anything" Thing

Russians Mysteriously Dying Thing

Trump's public request to Russia to hack Hillary's email Thing

Trump house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer king Thing

Russian fertilizer king's plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign Thing

Nunes sudden flight to the White House in the night Thing

Nunes personal investments in the Russian winery Thing

Cyprus bank Thing

Trump not Releasing his Tax Returns Thing

Republican Party's rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing Election Hacking Thing

GOP platform change to the Ukraine Thing

Steele Dossier Thing

Sally Yates Can't Testify Thing

Intelligence Community's Investigative Reports Thing

Trump reassurance that the Russian connection is all "fake news" Thing

Chaffetz not willing to start an Investigation Thing

Chaffetz suddenly deciding to go back to private life in the middle of an investigation Thing

Appointment of Pam Bondi who was bribed by Trump in the Trump University scandal appointed to head the investigation Thing The White House going into cover-up mode, refusing to turn over the documents related to the hiring and firing of Flynn Thing

Chaffetz and White House blaming the poor vetting of Flynn on Obama Thing

Poland and British intelligence gave information regarding the hacking back in 2015 to Paul Ryan and he didn't do anything Thing

Agent MI6 following the money Thing

Trump team KNEW about Flynn's involvement but hired him anyway Thing

Let's Fire Comey Thing

Election night Russian trademark gifts Things

Russian diplomatic compound electronic equipment destruction Thing

Let's give back the diplomatic compounds back to the Russians Thing

Let's Back Away From Cuba Thing

Donny Jr met with Russians Thing

Donny Jr emails details "Russian Government's support for Trump" Thing

Trump's secret second meeting with his boss Putin Thing

Recognizing Russian sovereignty over Crimea Thing

Revoking Brennan's clearance because of the Russian investigation Thing

But other than that… No evidence.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
subgenius wrote:this sounds just like the "oh, Cohen flipped, now its over!"....geez

Ah, yes. The Cohen thing. Let's not forget the

Flynn Thing

Manafort Thing

Tillerson Thing

Sessions Thing

Kushner Thing

Wray Thing

Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius "Russian Law Firm of the Year" Thing

Carter Page Thing

Roger Stone Thing

Felix Sater Thing

Boris Epshteyn Thing

Rosneft Thing

Gazprom Thing (see above)

Sergey Gorkov banker Thing

Azerbaijan Thing

"I Love Putin" Thing

Lavrov Thing

Sergey Kislyak Thing

Oval Office Thing

Gingrich Kislyak Phone Calls Thing

Russian Business Interest Thing

Emoluments Clause Thing

Alex Schnaider Thing

Hack of the DNC Thing

Guccifer 2.0 Thing

Mike Pence "I don't know anything" Thing

Russians Mysteriously Dying Thing

Trump's public request to Russia to hack Hillary's email Thing

Trump house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer king Thing

Russian fertilizer king's plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign Thing

Nunes sudden flight to the White House in the night Thing

Nunes personal investments in the Russian winery Thing

Cyprus bank Thing

Trump not Releasing his Tax Returns Thing

Republican Party's rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing Election Hacking Thing

GOP platform change to the Ukraine Thing

Steele Dossier Thing

Sally Yates Can't Testify Thing

Intelligence Community's Investigative Reports Thing

Trump reassurance that the Russian connection is all "fake news" Thing

Chaffetz not willing to start an Investigation Thing

Chaffetz suddenly deciding to go back to private life in the middle of an investigation Thing

Appointment of Pam Bondi who was bribed by Trump in the Trump University scandal appointed to head the investigation Thing The White House going into cover-up mode, refusing to turn over the documents related to the hiring and firing of Flynn Thing

Chaffetz and White House blaming the poor vetting of Flynn on Obama Thing

Poland and British intelligence gave information regarding the hacking back in 2015 to Paul Ryan and he didn't do anything Thing

Agent MI6 following the money Thing

Trump team KNEW about Flynn's involvement but hired him anyway Thing

Let's Fire Comey Thing

Election night Russian trademark gifts Things

Russian diplomatic compound electronic equipment destruction Thing

Let's give back the diplomatic compounds back to the Russians Thing

Let's Back Away From Cuba Thing

Donny Jr met with Russians Thing

Donny Jr emails details "Russian Government's support for Trump" Thing

Trump's secret second meeting with his boss Putin Thing

Recognizing Russian sovereignty over Crimea Thing

Revoking Brennan's clearance because of the Russian investigation Thing

But other than that… No evidence.

- Doc

Gee, such a long list of speculation....tell us why no indictment yet?...oh right.
For example:
"Paul Manafort’s pro-Ukraine campaign reached the top of the White House, with one of the members of his lobbying effort meeting President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden in 2013, according to new court documents released Friday.

A member of the so-called Hapsburg Group, which comprised former European politicians Manafort convened as part of his lobbying effort in support of Ukraine’s then-President Viktor Yanukovych, came with a foreign prime minister on May 16, 2013, to meet with Obama and Biden, “as well as senior United States officials in the executive and legislative branches,” according to the court documents"

plus a hot mic incident with Obama making assurances to a Russian president...but that probabaly doesn't fit a narrative you enjoy...it doesn't sizzle....i mean you sound like someone who is listing off a bunch of Clinton "coincidences"....
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

subgenius wrote:Gee, such a long list of speculation....tell us why no indictment yet?...oh right.
For example:
"Paul Manafort’s pro-Ukraine campaign reached the top of the White House, with one of the members of his lobbying effort meeting President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden in 2013, according to new court documents released Friday.

A member of the so-called Hapsburg Group, which comprised former European politicians Manafort convened as part of his lobbying effort in support of Ukraine’s then-President Viktor Yanukovych, came with a foreign prime minister on May 16, 2013, to meet with Obama and Biden, “as well as senior United States officials in the executive and legislative branches,” according to the court documents"

plus a hot mic incident with Obama making assurances to a Russian president...but that probabaly doesn't fit a narrative you enjoy...it doesn't sizzle....i mean you sound like someone who is listing off a bunch of Clinton "coincidences"....

Wut.

Konstantin Kilimnik, former Russian spy and Manafort's right hand man in Ukraine was indicted. 13 Russian nationals and 3 Russian entities were indicted earlier this year for their role in interfering with the 2016 U.S. election. 12 Russian Military Intelligence Officers (GRU) were also indicted in July by Special Counsel Mueller for their role with interfering with the 2016 U.S. election.

Do you need me to list off the others who were indicted and convicted in this mess, or do you not have a fundamental grasp on what's going on?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Do you need me to list off the others who were indicted and convicted in this mess, or do you not have a fundamental grasp on what's going on?

- Doc

He means there are no indictments outside of all the people who've been indicted.

DUH!

Scotty Condom is about as up to speed on this issue as Fuhker Carlson is.

I'm still laughing that he needed Avenatti to bring him up to speed on Cohen pleading guilty to two felonies, and the way he immediately bursts out in nervous laughter and changes the subject to avoid further embarrassment.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I think the thing about Manafort flipping, for me, is the potential to really identify and target the Glavnoye Razvedyvatel'noye Upravleniye (GRU) in our counterintelligence efforts. For years, Manafort was deeply involved in the world of Russian oligarchs, probable GRU operatives, post-Soviet corruption, and money laundering. He may have information that would help prosecutors bring cases against other figures from that world, and perhaps help our intelligence officials understand it better in ways that assist our national security efforts. It's not as sexy as gettin' Trump or whatever, but can help us not only refine our counterintelligence efforts with Russia, but probably Iran, China, and a few other nation-state players.

- Doc

_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

I looked at the Manafort story after looking at a dog and baby video on YouTube, but when I tried to view the MSNBC piece on Manafort, it showed the right headline but the wrong video. Shown below is the actual screen shot from my computer;

I'm not sure what this means, but I'm sure Alex Jones will have an answer...

Manafort gave up four (count 'em, four) houses. One of my favorite tidbits of information was that he refused to wear the jail house issue white socks to court, he appeared sockless in his loafers.I would imagine a few weeks in jail changes your perspective on your chances in life. We still know nothing about the agreement, but I can't imagine that Trump and Jared Kushner are not feeling great tonight.'

Sudden thought: Will a wealthy Democrat buy Manafort's old Trump Tower apartment and hire some Russian hookers to pee on the bed?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land