Record Debt: Trump Spends $433 Billion in one Month

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: Record Debt: Trump Spends $433 Billion in one Month

Post by _Themis »

subgenius wrote:Well, if you don't see it then it must be an "objective truth"....regardless, my memory fails me at the moment - can you reference a post where i was critical of an increased deficit during any economic time(s)? I am curious if you have enough experience with my opinion on that topic to form such a firm proclamation about me.

Are you saying you are fine with large deficits then?
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

The National debt has now reached 21.5 trillion dollars. Link
The National debt has increased by 7.66% under Trump. And Trump inherited a good economy.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Brackite wrote:The National debt has now reached 21.5 trillion dollars. Link
The National debt has increased by 7.66% under Trump. And Trump inherited a good economy.

7.66% ?
and this is after he inherited the 74% deficit increase from Obama?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Brackite wrote:The National debt has now reached 21.5 trillion dollars. Link

7.66% ?
and this is after he inherited the 74% deficit increase from Obama?

What were the time spans on both, again?

Looks like Obama was spending us out of an economic recession and into a measure of stability, which was more than achieved.

Is Trump trying to spend us out of economic stability? ; )
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Themis wrote:
Not at all. I don't see people from the far right criticizing Trump over significantly increasing the deficit during good economic times. You haven't.

At least one Republican did.

"The other thing is there's a huge hypocrisy factor. Republicans lambasted President Obama to no end for trillion-dollar deficits and now they have put forward a trillion-dollar deficit," the Republican from Kentucky told CNN's Erin Burnett on Thursday night.

"I think the American people are going to be surprised, upset, hurt that so the so-called conservatives got elected and then turned out to be not much different than the people they were criticizing," Paul added.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

cinepro wrote:
Themis wrote:
Not at all. I don't see people from the far right criticizing Trump over significantly increasing the deficit during good economic times. You haven't.

At least one Republican did.

"The other thing is there's a huge hypocrisy factor. Republicans lambasted President Obama to no end for trillion-dollar deficits and now they have put forward a trillion-dollar deficit," the Republican from Kentucky told CNN's Erin Burnett on Thursday night.

"I think the American people are going to be surprised, upset, hurt that so the so-called conservatives got elected and then turned out to be not much different than the people they were criticizing," Paul added.

I notice he is essentially being ignored. We also don't see ajax or subby complain about it now that republicans control all three levels of government. He is right about the hypocrisy. Fiscal responsibility is not what the Republicans have been about for decades now.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Themis wrote:...or subby complain about it now that republicans control all three levels of government.

And why should I complain?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

subgenius wrote:
Themis wrote:...or subby complain about it now that republicans control all three levels of government.

And why should I complain?

Are you too stupid to know why or just too dishonest?