Omarosa, President and the culture of the White House

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Omarosa, President and the culture of the White House

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:. Being an opportunist is just smart given the current climate.

No doubt. We have a pretty spectacular environment made up of grifters, opportunists and conspiracy freaks runnning the current Administration, complete with an angry carnival barker that will say any crazy thing for her boss. Why should we expect that anyone who escaped that world wouldn’t try to make a few bucks off of it? : )
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

MeDotOrg wrote:A woman who was fired from The Apprentice 3 times is somehow qualified to work in White House?

Ironically, she worked in the white house before Trump, for the Clintons, who fired her 4 separate times. Fired, re-hired, fired, re-hired, fired, re-hired, fired.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Water Dog wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:A woman who was fired from The Apprentice 3 times is somehow qualified to work in White House?

Ironically, she worked in the white house before Trump, for the Clintons, who fired her 4 separate times. Fired, re-hired, fired, re-hired, fired, re-hired, fired.

Who gives a crap? No one is being asked to take her word for anything, the woman has friggin audio tapes.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Kevin Graham wrote:Who gives a crap? No one is being asked to take her word for anything, the woman has friggin audio tapes.
I think that remains to be seen, even if I personally think it probable that Trump used the N-word and possible it was caught on tape.

The best part of all of this has been in watching Trump's team having to admit they can't guarantee the tapes don't exist.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Xenophon wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Who gives a ____? No one is being asked to take her word for anything, the woman has friggin audio tapes.
I think that remains to be seen, even if I personally think it probable that Trump used the N-word and possible it was caught on tape.

The best part of all of this has been in watching Trump's team having to admit they can't guarantee the tapes don't exist.

Well, she has already released audio from one tape where the campaign people debated how to address the problem of the N word tape. The way the Trump admin is responding tells me they're plenty worried right now because they have no idea what tapes she has.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Kevin Graham wrote:Well, she has already released audio from one tape where the campaign people debated how to address the problem of the N word tape. The way the Trump admin is responding tells me they're plenty worried right now because they have no idea what tapes she has.
No disagreement from me. Regardless of whether the tapes ever come to light (or if they actually exist) the White House has essentially admitted that Trump used the N-word and frequently enough that it might have been captured on tape. What a time to be alive.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Kevin Graham wrote:...the woman has friggin audio tapes.

Of what?
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

There is so much worse than a "n word" going on here. :rolleyes:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Maksutov wrote:There is so much worse than a "n word" going on here. :rolleyes:

There's nothing worse than being racist. I'd kind of scratch my head if that was the thing that finally got that thief out of office...

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.