Words Matter Podcast

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Words Matter Podcast

Post by _honorentheos »

Today's episode was almost prophetic, given the late afternoon news of Cohen's guilty plea and implication of the President.

The majority of the episode is an interview with Tim O'Brien whose history with Trump includes the distinction of being sued for libel to the amount of $5 Billion (with a 'B') for reporting Trump's net worth was less than he claimed. I found it illuminating as well as confirming when it came to hearing a person who has spent decades investigating and reporting on Donald J. Trump.

The takeaway at the end of the episode was a call for Republicans who fear being targeted by a Trump tweet to look at someone who weathered it and start standing up rather than backing down. And a call to voters to look closely at the candidates on the ballot this midterm.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

cwald wrote:Honor...

My favorite podcast right now is Last Podcast on the Left. Have you ever heard of it? It is phenomenal. It deals with true crime , serial killets, aliens, conspiracy stories, cults... And yes Mormonism comes up in episodes quite often, and not in a favorable way I might add.

I've listened to a few Last Podcast on the Left episodes and I'm not sure what to think of it. They seem to want to differentiate themselves from other podcasts by covering serious topics in a humorous way. It works when their mockery is directed at the weirdos and criminals, but I got a little sick to my stomach when they're joking and laughing while describing serial killers torturing and killing innocent people. I did enjoy their 9/11 podcast because they didn't mock the victims, probably because it's more recent.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:The majority of the episode is an interview with Tim O'Brien whose history with Trump includes the distinction of being sued for libel to the amount of $5 Billion (with a 'B') for reporting Trump's net worth was less than he claimed. I found it illuminating as well as confirming when it came to hearing a person who has spent decades investigating and reporting on Donald J. Trump.

I listened to this last night. I thought it was interesting when O'Brien talked about Drumpf's view of Ivanka, regarding her as a perfect genetic expression of himself.

She does talk like a daft person, so at least that part's right.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.