New Mexico

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: New Mexico

Post by _honorentheos »

subgenius wrote:Don't really understand/pay much attention to the middle East, do ya?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Yeah, I'm totes uninformed on all things Middle East.

being informed and understanding are mutually exclusive.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:How did you gain your understanding of the Middle East?

- Doc

(checks Doc's resume)

This calls for the large bag of popcorn...
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:How did you gain your understanding of the Middle East?

- Doc

How amusing, but would it not be more reasonable to first ascertain if I had an understanding before you challenged the source of my understanding. And besides, the source of my understanding is irrelevant, it is your understanding that is in question.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities

Following a court order, authorities seized an RV at the New Mexico compound where five adults are believed to have been abusing 11 children and training them for school shootings. An underground tunnel at the site where remains of a 3-year-old were found is now buried in rubble, as ammo and a bulletproof vest sit in piles of uncollected trash.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 25?v=railb

but please, convince me how a couple of suburban employed white guys with tiki torches are the real threat.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:but please, convince me how a couple of suburban employed white guys with tiki torches are the real threat.

I might note that suburban white guys toting weapons seem to have amassed a much greater death toll these days at concerts and schools, than crazed Muslim survivalists.

But more to your question ... consider it one of odds. Crazed Muslims could target any American, so they have a lot of ground to cover. On the other hand, dumbarse white nationalist Nazis have a more specific kill list. At least from my own perspective, I might have a better chance of surviving any targeted strikes than you, given your heritage. But don’t let that bother you; just keep up the Friends of Pepe act in the mislaid hope that it’ll save your arse if folks like the Proud Boys start getting cocky.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:but please, convince me how a couple of suburban employed white guys with tiki torches are the real threat.

I might note that suburban white guys toting weapons seem to have amassed a much greater death toll these days at concerts and schools, than crazed Muslim survivalists.

But more to your question ... consider it one of odds. Crazed Muslims could target any American, so they have a lot of ground to cover. On the other hand, dumbarse white nationalist Nazis have a more specific kill list. At least from my own perspective, I might have a better chance of surviving any targeted strikes than you, given your heritage. But don’t let that bother you; just keep up the Friends of Pepe act in the mislaid hope that it’ll save your arse if folks like the Proud Boys start getting cocky.

at least you're informed, eh?
This compound was training kids to shoot up schools and was convinced that their exorcised-to-death toddler would resurrect as the new Jesus.
But yeah, your inane attempt to make the tiki torch bunch the threat is still funny.
From a more intelligible "consider the odds" position it seems that people who want and train to shoot up schools are more newsworthy than tiki torch guys that want to keep a Robert E Lee statue in a park. But I suppose your sound reaso ing is why someone like Manafort doesn't get bail but these NM compound folks can enjoy the ankle bracelet lifestyle.
So warm and fuzzy knowing that you get to vote in November.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:at least you're informed, eh?
This compound was training kids to shoot up schools and was convinced that their exorcised-to-death toddler would resurrect as the new Jesus.
But yeah, your inane attempt to make the tiki torch bunch the threat is still funny.
From a more intelligible "consider the odds" position it seems that people who want and train to shoot up schools are more newsworthy than tiki torch guys that want to keep a Robert E Lee statue in a park. But I suppose your sound reaso ing is why someone like Manafort doesn't get bail but these NM compound folks can enjoy the ankle bracelet lifestyle.
So warm and fuzzy knowing that you get to vote in November.

I’d ask you what Paul Manafort - and any conviction of him on any charge - has to do with crazed Muslim survivalists, or perhaps why you believe that Manafort shouldn’t be made to go to court while a crazed Muslim survivalist camp is being bulldozed in New Mexico, or why you take issue with simultaneous events being reported simultaneously, or why it is that suburban white guys still manage to slaughter more US school kids than crazed Muslim survivalists ... but, at this point, you’re just babbling incoherently.

Still, just for laughs, feel free to babble a bit more. Your turn, now. Tell us why America is not allowed to pay attention to the stank of Washington swamp and the idiocy of pasty white Nazi wannabes marching with sticks and fire. Because, Muslims, right?
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:I’d ask you what Paul Manafort - and any conviction of him on any charge - has to do with crazed Muslim survivalists, or perhaps why you believe that Manafort shouldn’t be made to go to court while a crazed Muslim survivalist camp is being bulldozed in New Mexico,

The Manafort comparison was one of bail not of accountability.

canpakes wrote:or why you take issue with simultaneous events being reported simultaneously,

simultaneity is not in question - emphasis is in question.

canpakes wrote:or why it is that suburban white guys still manage to slaughter more US school kids than crazed Muslim survivalists

apart from the inherent racism in your assertion, the point is that "school shooters" kill more kids than financial fraudsters. And further more, the point is that the emphasis is only existent when it is white guys.
And it should be noted that none of the tiki torch parade are school shooters.

canpakes wrote: ... but, at this point, you’re just babbling incoherently.

Hey, you gotta "know your audience".

canpakes wrote:Still, just for laughs, feel free to babble a bit more. Your turn, now. Tell us why America is not allowed to pay attention to the stank of Washington swamp and the idiocy of pasty white Nazi wannabes marching with sticks and fire. Because, Muslims, right?

again, simultaneity is not in question - emphasis is in question.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:again, simultaneity is not in question - emphasis is in question.

Then ask yourself why you brought mention of white nationalists into the thread.