New Mexico

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

New Mexico

Post by _subgenius »

• One of the rescued children told a foster parent the suspects "trained the child in the use of an assault rifle in preparation for future school shootings."
• They believe the children were taken to New Mexico to receive advanced weapons training but didn't reveal any further details.
• They argue that if the suspects were to be released, there is a substantial likelihood the defendants may commit new crimes due to their planning and preparation for school shootings.

Wow, can you believe how aggressive the media is being with this story? It's all they are talking about... how can they not be fixated on the latest Trump rumor?

It's odd that a Muslim compound training children to be school shooters is getting so much attention when there are so many white people to blame.

sad.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: New Mexico

Post by _Ceeboo »

That's horrific!
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Sub, I do not understand what you are looking for. The people have been arrested and there is investigation into it all. Would it be better if we all run around in circles shouting? It may be too soon to find a location to drop bombs so we can feel better.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:Sub, I do not understand what you are looking for. The people have been arrested and there is investigation into it all. Would it be better if we all run around in circles shouting? It may be too soon to find a location to drop bombs so we can feel better.

Subgenius is just mad that GWB didn't attack Saudi Arabia since they coordinated and executed the attack, and instead, to the tune of $4T, attacked a former ally who kept Iran in check.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

huckelberry wrote:Sub, I do not understand what you are looking for. The people have been arrested and there is investigation into it all. Would it be better if we all run around in circles shouting? It may be too soon to find a location to drop bombs so we can feel better.

I think an honest reflection would reveal a stark difference between your reaction to this story and a hypothetical story that was identical except that the compound was being run by white nationalists.
Somehow, a peaceful Washington DC rally of a few dozen white nationalists gets waaaaaay more attention and lather than does this story....and the former has no crime, death, or real danger.

A woman who believed her husband’s dead toddler would be reincarnated as Jesus to attack “corrupt institutions” like banks and schools apparently spurred the creation of a fortified compound in northern New Mexico, prosecutors said Monday
The discovery of the toddler’s body in a 100-foot-long hand-dug dirt tunnel beneath the compound built by the Muslim group sent shockwaves through the rural area, where five adults are accused of raising 11 other kids in filthy, dangerous conditions, surrounded by loaded rifles and handguns.

But let me put this on a shelf - "The people have been arrested and there is investigation into it all", for the next time a white male Republican gets into a situation.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Subgenius is just mad that GWB didn't attack Saudi Arabia since they coordinated and executed the attack, and instead, to the tune of $4T, attacked a former ally who kept Iran in check.

- Doc

Don't really understand/pay much attention to the middle East, do ya?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

subgenius wrote:Don't really understand/pay much attention to the middle East, do ya?

Yeah, I'm totes uninformed on all things Middle East.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:I think an honest reflection would reveal a stark difference between your reaction to this story and a hypothetical story that was identical except that the compound was being run by white nationalists.

Lol. As you are demonstrating here.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
subgenius wrote:Don't really understand/pay much attention to the middle East, do ya?

Yeah, I'm totes uninformed on all things Middle East.

- Doc

being informed and understanding are mutually exclusive.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

How did you gain your understanding of the Middle East?

- Doc