Worst President in History

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Worst President in History

Post by _moksha »

ajax18 wrote:According to the American Political Science Association, a.k.a. "The Swamp"

Lying academics from those book reading States.

Trump, Jefferson Davis, and Vlad Putin in 2020!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Have they ever evaluated Presidents during their terms before? I thought they always waited until they were at least out of office for a few years. I agree Trump will no doubt be a bottom-10 President, but only time will tell if he's Buchanan-bad or just Carter-bad.

It's also a little eye-rolling that the Democrat scholars would rank FDR over Washington (if only by a point). Seriously...?
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Exactly how are these Presidents' being measured and how are they accounting for inflation....is the Garfield survey of white employed men being seen as equal to unemployed minority women during Carter years?

Oh. wait....either way nobody cares because its all subjective pandering for people who neither have the time nor intellect to understand their own government.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

subgenius wrote:Exactly how are these Presidents' being measured and how are they accounting for inflation....is the Garfield survey of white employed men being seen as equal to unemployed minority women during Carter years?

Yes. When we measure the greatness of Presidents throughout history we dig up all the thousands of obscure stats and crunch them in a computer which generates a value. That's how it's done.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Oh. wait....either way nobody cares because its all subjective pandering for people who neither have the time nor intellect to understand their own government.

You’re referring to Trump and his Base? I suppose your description fits.

President Donald Trump claimed he is "the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party," during an interview with a British newspaper on Thursday.

During a conversation with The Sun, Trump insisted his approval rating among Republicans landed at 92%, "beating [Abraham] Lincoln."

"I beat our Honest Abe," Trump said.

While it wasn't immediately clear which poll Trump was referring to in his mention of Abraham Lincoln, Gallup's presidential approval ratings only stretch back to the Truman administration, from 1945 to 1953. Lincoln died in 1865.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:Oh. wait....either way nobody cares because its all subjective pandering for people who neither have the time nor intellect to understand their own government.

You’re referring to Trump and his Base? I suppose your description fits.

President Donald Trump claimed he is "the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party," during an interview with a British newspaper on Thursday.

During a conversation with The Sun, Trump insisted his approval rating among Republicans landed at 92%, "beating [Abraham] Lincoln."

"I beat our Honest Abe," Trump said.

While it wasn't immediately clear which poll Trump was referring to in his mention of Abraham Lincoln, Gallup's presidential approval ratings only stretch back to the Truman administration, from 1945 to 1953. Lincoln died in 1865.

Someone needs to let Trump know that Lincoln died in 1865, and that he was assassinated, so that he can publicly announce this tragic "news" to the world.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Which one got us into the Great Depression? I'm sure he's not faring too well. Also, that guy that got us into Iraq, missed on Osama when he was in Afghanistan, gave us the TSA, and plunged us into another endless cycle of debt...

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

[quote="Kishkumen"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some folks can't handle what is for them very bad news.

Ajax's list of great American presidents:

1. Jefferson Davis
2. Donald J. Trump[/quote]

Andrew Jackson is the most likely candidate for Majax's fave. He personally killed several people in duels and used native tribes to massacre each other. He's the mass murderer on the $20 bill. I can hear Majax's panties wetting from here...
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

[quote="Kishkumen"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some folks can't handle what is for them very bad news.

Ajax's list of great American presidents:

1. Jefferson Davis
2. Donald J. Trump[/quote]

Andrew Jackson is the most likely candidate for Majax's fave. He personally killed several people in duels and used native tribes to massacre each other. He's the mass murderer on the $20 bill. I can hear Majax's panties wetting from here...
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

He's a national embarrassment. Ironically, the people who voted for him don't like to be called stupid.

It's monkeys not liking people calling them poo-flingers. If they really didn't like it, they would fling something else. Of course, monkey lovers will tell you they only fling their poo because people call them poo-flingers.

It's a vicious circle. Apparently, the only way to stop it is to pretend the monkeys don't fling poo.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.