Ohio Special Election: Harbinger for Blue Wave?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Ohio Special Election: Harbinger for Blue Wave?

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:Given what we've witnessed since Jan 2017, it should be a blue wave.

However, I have no faith in the American electorate to do what's obviously for their own good. American ignorance is the value of the day.

This is certainly true! The dismaying thing about that, though, is that hard core trump supporters probably agree with all that. They just disagree that they, themselves, are the most ignorant of the lot.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Ohio Special Election: Harbinger for Blue Wave?

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:Given what we've witnessed since Jan 2017, it should be a blue wave.

However, I have no faith in the American electorate to do what's obviously for their own good. American ignorance is the value of the day.

This is certainly true! The dismaying thing about that, though, is that hard core trump supporters probably agree with all that. They just disagree that they, themselves, are the most ignorant of the lot.

Heh. The ultimate ignorance is not recognizing your own ignorance.

Who knows? Maybe Drumpf is awesome and I've only seen him at his low moments (basically, any time he gets in front of a camera or his Twitter box).
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.