Trump + Putin + Helsinki Press Conference = More Hysteria

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Trump + Putin + Helsinki Press Conference = More Hysteri

Post by _canpakes »

Ceeboo wrote:
canpakes wrote:I’m assuming that this reverses, from the conservative viewpoint - in other words, worries about America becoming unrecognizable because of ‘others’ scores in the upper zone around 100, and Trump’s statements in Helsinki scores an 8 or so. Is that how it works?

This post is confusing - I'm not sure what you are saying. If you would like to clear it up for me, I'll try to respond. If not, that's okay too. No worries.

Ingraham seems very serious about her commentary. So I’m assuming that while Trump in Helsinki rates an ‘8’ on the scale of Things To Be Hysterical About, this apparent problem of America becoming ‘different’ rates much higher, at least high enough for Ingraham to call on Congress to do something about it.

I also realize that what I’m asking interprets the Hysteria Scale slightly differently than you may have intended (maybe as regards deserved vs. undeserved hysteria), but I’m still curious about how Ingraham’s concerns rate in the overall scheme of things... at least from your own perspective.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

canpakes wrote:So I’m assuming that while Trump in Helsinki rates an ‘8’ on the scale of Things To Be Hysterical About, this apparent problem of America becoming ‘different’ rates much higher, at least high enough for Ingraham to call on Congress to do something about it.

I'm still confused. (You're not doing a very good job at clearing things up for me)

Trump/Helsinki didn't get an "8" from me (like you suggest above) - I rated it "100." I rated Ingraham's commentary an "8."

Are you suggesting that you think Ingraham should get a rating of 100 and Trump/Helsinki/Holocaust/911/Pearl Harbor should get a rating of 8 on the hysteria scale? If so, fine. I have no problem with your opinion. I gave you mine.

Or, am I still not understanding what you are saying?

I also realize that what I’m asking interprets the Hysteria Scale slightly differently than you may have intended (maybe as regards deserved vs. undeserved hysteria), but I’m still curious about how Ingraham’s concerns rate in the overall scheme of things... at least from your own perspective.

I guess all I can do is type in out again for you (Not sure what else I can do?)

In my perspective, Ingraham concerns gets an 8 on the hysteria scale.
Equating Trump/putin/Helsinki to The Holocaust/911/Pearl Harbor gets a 100 on the hysteria scale.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Ceeboo wrote: I can relate to this part though - America is starting to become more and more unrecognizable to me too.

Know what you mean. When I drive around my local area I think to myself, there used to be a service station there, where did the locksmith go, and since when did they put a stop sign on that corner? Fortunately, our long-term memories are the last to go.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Ceeboo wrote:Are you suggesting that you think Ingraham should get a rating of 100 and Trump/Helsinki/Holocaust/911/Pearl Harbor should get a rating of 8 on the hysteria scale? If so, fine. I have no problem with your opinion. I gave you mine.

Or, am I still not understanding what you are saying?

I’ll take the blame for cross-purposing the scale. You’ve started out with a scale, to 100, that rates how hysterical a statement is. I’d like to apply that concept to both how hysterical the reaction is, as deserved or undeserved, to a given event.

So, for some on the left, Trump in Helsinki may have rated as much as ‘100’ on the scale of their hysterical reaction. That could be defined as undeserved hysteria by the Right, and warranted/deserved hysteria by the Left. Same rating, interestingly enough. Right?

For some on the Right - and using Ingraham as the example - the changing demographics of America (as she is characterizing them) seem to rate a pretty high mark on the same sort of scale. In a way, they rate high on undeserved hysteria from the viewpoint of the Left, while still rating high on the scale of what deserves hysteria as seen by the Right - given that Ingraham is taking time on the most watched mainstream mass media ‘news’ network to tell us about these concerns.

So that’s what I’m asking your opinion about. Does Ingraham’s apparent concern rate as being worth the hysteria? Where does she score on either the ‘deserved’ or ‘undeserved’ scale?