MAGA - Poorest-states-in-america.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: MAGA - Poorest-states-in-america.

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:They dress it up in terms like writing style or whether you support your conclusions.

OK. I hear you. I guess that it makes perfect sense that a conservative student would chafe at the requirement to support their conclusions.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

If you think I was referring primarily to your grammar, it explains a lot about your grasp of what language and communication are.

I seem to have got my point across to you pretty clearly over the years.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

ajax18 wrote:
I'm not sure how you managed to pass college English given these sentence examples.

How you're graded in an English class is based on whether or not the professor shares your liberal or conservative views.

I agree. There is a liberal agenda to proper grammar. I always thought the semicolon was the gay version of a colon, with it's faggy swoosh on the bottom. I never used them, preferring a real colon instead. Of course the libtard professor marked me down for it.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
If you think I was referring primarily to your grammar, it explains a lot about your grasp of what language and communication are.

I seem to have got my point across to you pretty clearly over the years.

That's only because certain members of this forum have given me a crash-course in gibberish.

I'll give you this - you aren't the worst in this regard.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

canpakes wrote:Did you get points taken away for failing to use Olde English?

He did faileth to ask for moisture. Alas yon Prune, we knew him well. So ends the tale of Ajax today. Dust to dust, that's all I'll say.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace