Question -Any expert in economics?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Question -Any expert in economics?

Post by _aussieguy55 »

I was checking online both US GDP and Debt

Currently Debt is around 21 Trillion and GDP is around 20 Trillion

Projected 2028 Debt 33 Trillion and GDP 29 Trillion

So debt will increase 12 Trillion?

Will this be a problem? What will Trump do about it as he will probably get himself President for life.

What is going to happen to your social security payments?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front ... looks-bad/
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: Question -Any expert in economics?

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

subgenius is an expert in economics. He spends a lot of hours watching Fox news and Steven Crowder.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Interest payments $474.5 billion
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

DoubtingThomas wrote:subgenius is an expert in economics. He spends a lot of hours watching Fox news and Steven Crowder.

You probably watch Fox News more than I ever do, especially since I cut the cable years ago....and who is Crowder?
I tend to enjoy Sowell on economics, but I try to aggregate opinions due to the nature of the subject matter.

But your consistency with being presumptuous is appreciated.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

DoubtingThomas wrote:subgenius is an expert in economics. He spends a lot of hours watching Fox news and Steven Crowder.

Not to one-up you, but Bach knows erudite managerial economics, as well as Trump's contribution to the Art of the Deal. Most likely he can do a google search for the figures from Breitbart and Infowars.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

When did liberals start worrying about debt or believing the US should outspend our allies to fund NATO. Let all immigrants in and put it on the tab. $33 trillion is just a number on a piece of paper.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

When did Republicans stop pretending to care about the debt? They used to be the party that understood how money works, and would at least try to educate the country about deficits and debt. In reality, as has been pointed out by others, both parties run up the debt when they control both the White House and Congress, and Republicans actually run it up more, but the stereotype has always been that Democrats spend like drunken sailors while Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility. The Republicans can't make that claim anymore. It appears Dick Cheney was right. When it comes to politics, deficits don't matter.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

moksha wrote:Not to one-up you, but Bach knows erudite managerial economics, as well as Trump's contribution to the Art of the Deal. Most likely he can do a google search for the figures from Breitbart and Infowars.

Hahahaha. The guy is a world leading expert.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

DarkHelmet wrote:When did Republicans stop pretending to care about the debt? They used to be the party that understood how money works, and would at least try to educate the country about deficits and debt. In reality, as has been pointed out by others, both parties run up the debt when they control both the White House and Congress, and Republicans actually run it up more, but the stereotype has always been that Democrats spend like drunken sailors while Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility. The Republicans can't make that claim anymore. It appears Dick Cheney was right. When it comes to politics, deficits don't matter.

+100. The National debt was at 19.97 trillion dollars when Trump became President.
The National debt is now at about 21.2 trillion dollars. Link
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter