Breast is Best>

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Breast is Best>

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:If the result is that the baby is fed on good quality baby formula, correctly and hygienically prepared, not much is lost, although breast milk gives the child some things that cannot be bought in a tin.

But if the result is that a poor woman trying to do her best for her baby ends up buying cheap and perhaps adulterated products, which she has not got the facilities to prepare hygienically, and of which she cannot afford to buy enough to nourish her child adequately, the result is a malnourished or even sick child who would have been much better off breastfed.

Well put. Additionally - and barely mentioned in this conversation - there is an immunological benefit to newborns from breast milk. There are also some health benefits to the mother, including that breastfeeding essentially acts to prevent another immediate pregnancy, which is a consideration for poor individuals in undeveloped countries with limited resources.

Water Dog
God

Post by Water Dog »

fake news

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

You will need immigration.

As Spanish speaker I can attest to the consumer wealth pouring into the country from south of the border. Speaking spanish doubles and triples your pay grade.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Water Dog wrote:fake news

You’re just angry because you weren’t breast fed. : )

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Chap wrote:... breast milk gives the child some things that cannot be bought in a tin.

... there is an immunological benefit to newborns from breast milk. There are also some health benefits to the mother, including that breastfeeding essentially acts to prevent another immediate pregnancy, which is a consideration for poor individuals in undeveloped countries with limited resources.

Yup. You have spelled out what I had in mind - thanks!
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:Yup. You have spelled out what I had in mind - thanks!

Also, breastfeeding is ridiculously more convenient. No hauling around or cleaning separate bottles. No purchase required of same. Mom is always prepared for the baby’s needs.

This is a huge asset for folks in less-developed nations. Breastfeeding also contributes to less water use and wastewater generation (by not washing and sterilizing formula bottles) and less chance of infecting the baby from improperly cleaned bottles and nipples.

But, apparently none of that ‘good for the baby and the mother’ stuff is important in the face of some giant formula company otherwise being able to capture a few more dollars of profit.

Water Dog
God

Post by Water Dog »

canpakes wrote:
Water Dog wrote:fake news

You’re just angry because you weren’t breast fed. : )

Except I was breast fed... as have been all of my children.

Ceeboo
God

Post by Ceeboo »

While I wasn't breast fed as a baby, I do partake as an adult and I can't recommend it highly enough.

(Kidding Chap.......No need for you to swoop in and defend the women of the world against sexist Ceeboo)

Water Dog
God

Post by Water Dog »

Ceeboo wrote:While I wasn't breast fed as a baby, I do partake as an adult and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Ceeboo wrote:No need for you to swoop in and defend the women of the world against sexist Ceeboo

I don't think any of the women I know will be worried about any threat you might pose.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

Ceeboo
God

Post by Ceeboo »

Chap wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:No need for you to swoop in and defend the women of the world against sexist Ceeboo

I don't think any of the women I know will be worried about any threat you might pose.

Neither of them? :smile:

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gosh, I haven't heard such repartee since I was ten or eleven ...
Zadok:
Maksutov:

Ceeboo
God

Post by Ceeboo »

Chap wrote:Gosh, I haven't heard such repartee since I was ten or eleven ...

So it's been almost 2 years then? :smile:

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Ceeboo wrote:
Chap wrote:Gosh, I haven't heard such repartee since I was ten or eleven ...

So it's been almost 2 years then? :smile:

That's almost funny!
Zadok:
Maksutov:

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

But now back to the OP?

Perhaps subgenius would like to expand on the serious points that he was making ... just to raise the tone a notch or two ...
Zadok:
Maksutov:

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:But now back to the OP?

Perhaps subgenius would like to expand on the serious points that he was making ... just to raise the tone a notch or two ...

Betcha 5 Monopoly quid, he can't.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

canpakes wrote:Also, breastfeeding is ridiculously more convenient...

:rolleyes: Not for the source.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

aussieguy55 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/health/world-health-breastfeeding-ecuador-trump.html

How crazy. My wife breastfed all our girls and the benefits were great. It gets the woman's body back together and gets her interested in sex again. How much more cray policy are the Americans going to come out with?

Your comments regarding the great benefits of breastfeeding sent me into a fit of laughter because they are so brazenly and honestly male.

In other words, I sort of loved it.

:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Water Dog wrote:
canpakes wrote:You’re just angry because you weren’t breast fed. : )

Except I was breast fed... as have been all of my children.

You’re too serious, Water Dog. :smile:

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Lemmie wrote:

That depends on the attitude of the source and where you might be at the time, granted, but was much more so than the alternative for us. YMMV. : )

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:

canpakes wrote:That depends on the attitude of the source and where you might be at the time, granted, but was much more so than the alternative for us. YMMV. : )

The "ATTITUDE" of the source? No, your facts as they relate to the female anatomy and the physical act of breastfeeding are incorrect. Convenience in breastfeeding does not depend upon "the attitude of the source."
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm glad you perceived a good attitude in your source, but its correlation to a convenient breastfeed is just that, a correlation. A good attitude does not make breastfeeding "more convenient," except maybe for the person who is happy that his source is feeding his output in such a way that is so ridiculously convenient for him. :lol: