So long, and thanks for all the fish

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish

Post by _Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:Hey Res,

Maybe we should start a program on MormonDiscussions.com that rotates folks through as moderators and let the abusiveness of the job cleanse them of any lingering interest in Mormonism? :)

Some jobs are more than just thankless, and being a moderator here is one that lacks description. Thank you for taking on the weight of the mantel and doing, in my opinion, an excellent job.

On a personal note, there are few posters on this board with whom I've felt more aligned than yourself and will miss having you here as someone I've thought of as a brother in mind and spirit. Best wishes on wherever your life journey takes you next.

Dammit, Honor, now you've made me tear up. All I can say is back atcha.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Maksutov wrote:Best wishes. Please come back when you can.

Thanks, Mak. Peace and happiness to you.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

schreech wrote:Image

Perfect! Thanks.

_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

DrW wrote:RI,

Thank you for all your work on behalf of the community and your many contributions.

Hope you will still drop in now and then to comment when something here interests you.

Oh, and please don't be surprised if an old Huskie contacts you in Seattle sometime to take you up on your offer of a beer (or a coffee perhaps - after all, it is Seattle).

You are one of the members here that I would definitely take the opportunity to meet in person.

Best wishes, and please give my regards to the dolphins.

Thanks, DrW. And please do take me up on that offer. I have a dim memory of trying to get together years back when you came through Bothell, but didn't work out. The dolphins also hold you in very high esteem.

_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

moksha wrote:Your leaving is sad news. Who will oppress Bach now?

Best wishes, Res Ipsa! Vaya con Dios and Shades will leave the light on for you.

[Hugs penguin] I think I'll miss you most of all.

You've brightened more of my days than you'll ever know.

_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Fence Sitter wrote:Sorry to see this RI. Thanks for your work and best wishes.

Thanks, Fence Sitter. Best wishes to you as well.