It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So long, and thanks for all the fish
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:02 am 
God

It's become abundantly clear to me over the last few weeks that it's time for me to move on. I've sent my resignation as moderator to Shades and EAllusion, as well as expressed my admiration for what they do here.

I started my journey out of Mormonism 40 years ago, and have reached a point where there is so much in my life that there really is no space for it anymore. So, I think the time I spent here is my final transition our of Mormonism. About time, I guess.

Thanks for all the good humor and the heated arguments. I learned a great deal from you folks here. For those who showed patience and kindness during my stint as moderator, I am grateful beyond words. For those who I have hurt or offended, I am very sorry.

I wish you all a happy and fulfilling life, whatever that happens to be for you. If you find yourselves in the Seattle area and want to have a beer (or a coke), please click the e-mail link in my profile.

Take care,

Res Ipsa.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Post subject: Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:19 am 
God

You will be missed. Take care, and enjoy your time!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 am 
God

I will miss you. Hopefully you can come back for a few minutes here and there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 am 
God

Hey RI

Perhaps you will consider dropping by every now and then? I know I speak for more than just myself when I say that we would be interested (and care) to know how life is going for you and yours.

Best wishes friend!

Love you brother and peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:56 am 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Hey RI

Perhaps you will consider dropping by every now and then? I know I speak for more than just myself when I say that we would be interested (and care) to know how life is going for you and yours.

Best wishes friend!

Ceeboo
Seconded (or perhaps thirded or fourthed at this point)!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 am 
God

Perhaps, someday, I too can move on. Best of wishing to you and yours RI!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am 
God

Thank you RI for your generosity with knowledge, and for the many times you have helped me to learn something new.

Happy trails.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:53 am 
Seedy Academician

I wish you the very best Res Ipsa! I am very sorry to see you go. Your posts are always enjoyable and instructive reading. Please drop in on us now and then.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:33 am 
God

Hey Res,

Maybe we should start a program on MormonDiscussions.com that rotates folks through as moderators and let the abusiveness of the job cleanse them of any lingering interest in Mormonism? :)

Some jobs are more than just thankless, and being a moderator here is one that lacks description. Thank you for taking on the weight of the mantel and doing, IMO, an excellent job.

On a personal note, there are few posters on this board with whom I've felt more aligned than yourself and will miss having you here as someone I've thought of as a brother in mind and spirit. Best wishes on wherever your life journey takes you next.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 am 
God

Best wishes. Please come back when you can.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:22 am 
God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:39 am 
God

RI,

Thank you for all your work on behalf of the community and your many contributions.

Hope you will still drop in now and then to comment when something here interests you.

Oh, and please don't be surprised if an old Huskie contacts you in Seattle sometime to take you up on your offer of a beer (or a coffee perhaps - after all, it is Seattle).

You are one of the members here that I would definitely take the opportunity to meet in person.

Best wishes, and please give my regards to the dolphins.

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:25 pm 
God

Your leaving is sad news. Who will oppress Bach now?

Best wishes, Res Ipsa! Vaya con Dios and Shades will leave the light on for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:20 am 
God

Sorry to see this RI. Thanks for your work and best wishes.

"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:59 pm 
God

canpakes wrote:
You will be missed. Take care, and enjoy your time!

Thanks, canpakes. I'll miss you guys, too. Enjoying my time is the whole idea. :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:01 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
I will miss you. Hopefully you can come back for a few minutes here and there.

Thanks, Ajax. I will miss you as well. I'll plan to duck in from time to time to see how y'all are.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Hey RI

Best wishes friend!

Ceeboo

Thanks, friend. I will drop by, if nothing else to get a tongue washing from that cow. Peace and love to you as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:
Hey RI

Best wishes friend!

Ceeboo
Seconded (or perhaps thirded or fourthed at this point)!

Thanks, man.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:03 pm 
God

RockSlider wrote:
Perhaps, someday, I too can move on. Best of wishing to you and yours RI!

If you want to move on, than I hope you can get there. Best wishes to you as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:05 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
I wish you the very best Res Ipsa! I am very sorry to see you go. Your posts are always enjoyable and instructive reading. Please drop in on us now and then.

Thanks, Reverend. I've learned a ton from your posts. I really appreciate how you've shared your own relationship to Mormonism over time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:06 pm 
God

honorentheos wrote:
Hey Res,

Maybe we should start a program on MormonDiscussions.com that rotates folks through as moderators and let the abusiveness of the job cleanse them of any lingering interest in Mormonism? :)

Some jobs are more than just thankless, and being a moderator here is one that lacks description. Thank you for taking on the weight of the mantel and doing, IMO, an excellent job.

On a personal note, there are few posters on this board with whom I've felt more aligned than yourself and will miss having you here as someone I've thought of as a brother in mind and spirit. Best wishes on wherever your life journey takes you next.

Dammit, Honor, now you've made me tear up. All I can say is back atcha.