Missionaries and children among Americans trapped in Haiti

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

During potentially violent protests against US gas hikes. Armed protesters have been trying to set fire to the hotel where they are staying - 120 Americans including tourists, missionaries, and children. Plus an additional 100 Haitian guests (of undetermined origin.)

Not sure what religion the missionaries hail from, though it is possible there are Mormon missionaries among their numbers.

Haiti has a LDS branch there, does it not? What I could find online is that Haiti has had an LDS presence since 1977. Today ALL 67 missionaries in the Haiti Port-au-Prince Mission (where the protests are taking place,) are Haitian. No Americans among them? Safe bet for Americans.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/07/americas ... index.html
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Missionaries and children among Americans trapped in Hai

Post by _subgenius »

The Baptist church and many evangelical churches have programs in Haiti. I am unaware of the hotel occupants in this situation. Great problem solving by locals in Haiti, geez.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent