It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PBS Newshour report on family separation lawsuit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:41 pm 
God

This is appalling on a level that is difficult to take in:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/m ... separation

If the allegations hold up, and they are quite plausible given the surrounding context, the people who orchestrated this deserve a fate that they're lucky will never come to them.

Post subject: Re: PBS Newshour report on family separation lawsuit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:42 pm 
God

As a cherry on top, the government deliberately destroyed records on family separation making reunions that much tougher:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/us/m ... ation.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:32 am 
God

In fact, the Health and Human Services agency charged with overseeing the care of migrant children, the Office of Refugee Resettlement, established such procedures, which included identification bracelets, the issuance of registration numbers and careful logs to keep the records of parents and children linked.

But those precautions were undermined in some cases by the other federal agency that has initial custody of apprehended migrants in the first 72 hours after they cross the border — Customs and Border Protection. In hundreds of cases, Customs agents deleted the initial records in which parents and children were listed together as a family with a “family identification number,” according to two officials at the Department of Homeland Security, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the process.

Wow. There was every indication the Trump administration was acting to deliberately circumvent the law. This would validate that accusation if proven true there was deliberate attempts to remove records of parent s arriving with children to be able to label the children as unaccompanied minors while sending their parents to detention facilities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:05 am 
God

I predict that the main impact this report will have on Trump is to motivate him to establish a vendetta against PBS and try his best to discredit and destroy it any way he can.

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 am 
God

Do you think it's bad enough that people might not continue to enter the country illegally?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:40 am 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Do you think it's bad enough that people might not continue to enter the country illegally?
I don’t know. Maybe crucify those young children and leave them up at the border as an example?

(It’s still not illegal to seek asylum.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:02 pm 
God

As with the documents that the ACLU acquired regarding the treatment of unaccompanied illegal-immigrant children, nothing significant will come of this...but give it to the Democrats for suddenly caring about the welfare of children....even though that story is over a month old.
https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains- ... us-custody

If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
As with the documents that the ACLU acquired regarding the treatment of unaccompanied illegal-immigrant children, nothing significant will come of this...but give it to the Democrats for suddenly caring about the welfare of children....even though that story is over a month old.

If America is such a racist and oppressive country, why did you choose to immigrate here?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:15 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
I don’t know. Maybe crucify those young children and leave them up at the border as an example?

(It’s still not illegal to seek asylum.)

If you think it is wrong to crucify children as a deterrent to families attempting to immigrate to the US with them, I am curious how you came up with a line that allows subjecting them to horrific neglect and psychological abuse being A-OK as a deterrent, but not that. In fact, what is the line?

(Given your previous pro-genocide comments on a Nazi message board, I have some doubt you think it is wrong to crucify Latino children, though.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:21 pm 
God

The US government was asking for an extension on court ordered reunification and asking to narrowly interpret reunification order so that it does not include children whose parents were already deported. This was recently rebuffed in court.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:
nothing significant will come of this...
Maybe. Do you regard that as a good thing?

Quote:
but give it to the Democrats for suddenly caring about the welfare of children....even though that story is over a month old.

The Obama admin faced a ton of criticism for its handling of immigration from civil libertarians and various immigration advocates. Some of that was from Democrats, though it was muted to an extent due to partisanship. Given that you also tend to describe anyone who doesn't display absolute fealty to the current Republican power-center as a "Democrat" that also includes some of those people as well. I repeatedly complained about the Obama admin's handling of immigration on this board. Curiously, I don't recall you saying a peep, but maybe you got religion on it recently.

Given that this is just another example of, "You do it too!" rather than actually addressing the issue at hand, do you support the Trump admin's actions here? Or are you just going to attempt another round of relying on debating a false equivalence rather than actually addressing what's going on right now?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:23 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
subgenius wrote:

If America is such a racist and oppressive country, why did you choose to immigrate here?

I did not immigrate here. And I don't think America is oppressive and racist.
I do think Democrats only care about immigrant children when politically convenient.
I do think Democrats make a lot of noise over Trump's administration of the detention centers so as to remain deaf of what these documents show happened during Obama's tenure.

I also think that while we often share a disdain for the underdeveloped political rationale of Democrats and Liberals, we do not share the same ability to think. I am all too often reminded of the cost associated with how juvenile minds associate your posts and my posts as being "their posts".
My advice is for you to keep fighting the good fight, but my prayer is that you will be able to know what is good to fight for...because fighting for will always prevail over fighting against.

Good luck fellow natural born citizen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:29 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I repeatedly complained about the Obama admin's handling of immigration on this board.

Given that this is just another example of, "You do it too!" rather than actually addressing the issue at hand, do you support the Trump admin's actions here? Or are you just going to attempt another round of relying on debating a false equivalence rather than actually addressing what's going on right now?

Lol. No real answer will be forthcoming from subs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:57 pm 
God

My apologies Subgenius. I mistook you for Some Schmo. Change that avatar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:30 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:

Further evidence that Ajax doesn’t actually bother to read the posts he is responding to. Stay classy you racist tool!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:55 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I repeatedly complained about the Obama admin's handling of immigration on this board.

That may well be, but the topic at hand is about the treatment of children in the detention centers, perhaps you could direct me to the "repeated complaints" about that particular topic ? That way we can both be talking about the same topic.

EAllusion wrote:
Curiously, I don't recall you saying a peep, but maybe you got religion on it recently.

You confuse the situation, there is no indication that I am critical of the alleged conditions during Obama's tenure, and clearly my point was for how many blind eyes there were on the matter both then and now. The recent religion is certainly applicable, but not at my doorstep.

EAllusion wrote:
Given that this is just another example of, "You do it too!" rather than actually addressing the issue at hand,

See my topic at hand comment above and note my grin.
However, "you do it too" is not the charge, the charge is that posters' companions are becoming exposed as being politically convenient.

EAllusion wrote:
do you support the Trump admin's actions here? Or are you just going to attempt another round of relying on debating a false equivalence rather than actually addressing what's going on right now?

Some of this alleged actions are just that, alleged...but I do agree that the zero tolerance policy is the better course and i disagree with the hyperbole and false compassion that this policy's critics have manufactured.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:00 pm 
God

Quote:
Further evidence that Ajax doesn’t actually bother to read the posts he is responding to. Stay classy you racist tool!

It appears I'm not the only to make this mistake.

The actual possibility that Schreech might be white is enough to make me change my views on race. What is your genealogical heritage Schreech? Something is not adding up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:14 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:

It appears I'm not the only to make this mistake.

The actual possibility that Schreech might be white is enough to make me change my views on race. What is your genealogical heritage Schreech? Something is not adding up.

Wtf does this even mean??? I think white robes and pointy hat are on a little too tight. Are you suggesting that pointing out that you are a racist idiot who doesn’t read the posts he is responding to is something a white person shouldn’t do? Never mind. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Ya dumb racist.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:19 pm 
God

Quote:
Wtf does this even mean??? I think white robes and pointy hat are on a little too tight. Are you suggesting that pointing out that you are a racist idiot who doesn’t read the posts he is responding to is something a white person shouldn’t do? Never mind. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Ya dumb racist.

Do you want to really turn my world upside down? Prove to me that you're 100% European decent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:25 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:

Do you want to really turn my world upside down? Prove to me that you're 100% European decent.

Wait, are you saying that if I was 100% European I wouldn't think you are a racist dik weasel? Are you really this disgusting a human being that you believe that racism is genetic? I still had no idea wtf you are trying to ask, not surprising given the caliber of responses you give here but, damn. This is stupider than normal. Maybe, as usual, you didn’t read my posts and are just going freestyle.