It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7299
;


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 13047
Location: On the imaginary axis
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Caucasians who're clearly at fault for perpetuating an environment in which black women feel entitled to brain Mexican nonagenarians with bricks.


If their vote helped Trump to get in, well yes, they have encouraged the growth of anti-hispanic resentment, even hatred, to which black people are no more immune than whites. But I doubt that many whites like that subscribed.

If they did not vote Trump, well maybe they are just decent people who feel ashamed of what their fellow-Americans did. Sounds good to me.

And on subscribing in general: since whites tend to have more money than other ethnicities, it wouldn't surprise me to find that they are among the more generous donors to any good cause.

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 14862
The Justice Department recently released a report that last year hate crimes in California spiked 17% overall and by 52% against Hispanics/Latinos specifically. It is the third straight year of double digit increases. Anti-Muslim and Anti-Jewish hate crimes came in about 25% higher. The rate of increase may be masked by pervasive under-reporting by local California law enforcement, but that's the official data.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-go ... 93440.html

While Doc seems to find it impossible that this is related to a national political movement fomenting out-group resentment with a focus on Hispanics/Latinos and Muslims, it should be noted that all mainstream expertise quoted in articles on this report take it as obvious.

While you can't say any one attack is specifically because of Trumpism, you can say with some confidence that attacks like it are now more likely to occur because of it. That some white people donated to a go-fund-me doesn't mean white supremacist rhetoric being injected into the political mainstream has no impact on behavior.

And despite clear denial of his false claim that anyone is blaming white people collectively for the existence of a white supremacist influenced movement stoking racial resentment, DocCam chooses to respond to this point by again trying to reduce it into that strawman.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 17465
Wait. So statistics are accurate and reliable indicators of racial animus? This will not end well for EAllusion's position that statistics aren't good indicators of racial behaviors nor motivations.

For example, in 2014 Trump and White sypremacists created an atmosphere of such hostility toward California Latinos that they experienced a homicide rate at over 2x that of Whites:

http://homicide.latimes.com/post/report-latinos-crime/

Whites were, of course, 100% responsible for that. I wonder what kind of socialist libertarian policies we ought to have implemented in 2014 to prevent a black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian in 2018?

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 13047
Location: On the imaginary axis
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I wonder what kind of socialist libertarian policies we ought to have implemented in 2014 to prevent a black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian in 2018?


How about not promoting hate and scapegoating? Would that do?

Oddly, minorities that are used to being hated and scapegoated are quite often easily persuaded to hate another group and scapegoat them. Perhaps its a bit like the fact that child abusers have a considerable likelihood of having been abused as children themselves?

It would be nice if long experience of being despised and made the subject of mistreatment and oppression produced saintly forgiving personalities, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work that way.

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 17465
Chap wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I wonder what kind of socialist libertarian policies we ought to have implemented in 2014 to prevent a black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian in 2018?


How about not promoting hate and scapegoating? Would that do?

Oddly, minorities that are used to being hated and scapegoated are quite often easily persuaded to hate another group and scapegoat them. Perhaps its a bit like the fact that child abusers have a considerable likelihood of having been abused as children themselves?

It would be nice if long experience of being despised and made the subject of mistreatment and oppression produced saintly forgiving personalities, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work that way.


So, it's White people's fault, correct?

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 11088
Location: Multiverse
Hate springs eternal in the human heart. We're competitive primates who have used tribal war tactics since the days in Africa. That manifests in some pretty negative ways and seems an inherent problem we haven't civilized out of ourselves.

_________________
In the end Elder Oaks was correct, In Mormonism “it is wrong to criticize leaders even if the criticism is true”. In fact it may be the only real true Doctrine left in Mormonism from the beginning of the restoration. --Bill Reel


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:10 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am
Posts: 13384
Maksutov wrote:
Hate springs eternal in the human heart. We're competitive primates who have used tribal war tactics since the days in Africa. That manifests in some pretty negative ways and seems an inherent problem we haven't civilized out of ourselves.

It's the weirdest thing. People want to take credit for who they are, especially the way they were born.

People are kooky that way, but until we can get past that nonsense, we're screwed.

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 14862
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wait. So statistics are accurate and reliable indicators of racial animus? This will not end well for EAllusion's position that statistics aren't good indicators of racial behaviors nor motivations.

For example, in 2014 Trump and White sypremacists created an atmosphere of such hostility toward California Latinos that they experienced a homicide rate at over 2x that of Whites:

http://homicide.latimes.com/post/report-latinos-crime/

Whites were, of course, 100% responsible for that. I wonder what kind of socialist libertarian policies we ought to have implemented in 2014 to prevent a black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian in 2018?

- Doc


It does not follow that if a measured large increase in hate crimes towards a racial group can reasonably be explained as being driven by a corresponding political movement that stokes racial resentment towards that group, then it also must be the case that the murder rate several years prior can also be explained by the same cause. For instance, if you develop cancer and start chemo therapy, the fact that your uptick in vomiting is explained by the chemo doesn't have to mean that time you hurt your knee four years ago must also be caused by chemo if that's true.

Disagreement with your attempts at reasoning with statistics that would flunk you out of a high school class does not mean a person is disagreeing with the very notion of drawing conclusions from statistical data.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7299
,


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 17465
EAllusion wrote:
Disagreement with your attempts at reasoning with statistics that would flunk you out of a high school class does not mean a person is disagreeing with the very notion of drawing conclusions from statistical data.


I'm sorry. I missed your answer as to what socialist libertarian policies in 2014, where Trump and White supremacists created such a toxic environment that California Latinos were being murdered at 2x the rate of Whites, would've stopped this black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian?

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 14862
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
Disagreement with your attempts at reasoning with statistics that would flunk you out of a high school class does not mean a person is disagreeing with the very notion of drawing conclusions from statistical data.


I'm sorry. I missed your answer as to what socialist libertarian policies in 2014, where Trump and White supremacists created such a toxic environment that California Latinos were being murdered at 2x the rate of Whites, would've stopped this black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian?

- Doc


You think some so-called world war allegedly caused a large uptick of deaths in Europe in the 1940's, but if that were true, then what machine guns caused over a 1/3rd of Europe to die in the 1340's? Riddle me that professor if you're so smart. Disagree with me and you disagree with maths!!1!!!11!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 17465
So, yet again when pressed for a solution to a given problem EAllusion goes full r____ and simply can't give answer. Cool. Socialist Libertarianism, folks. In the flesh.

But, hey. Keep blaming white people, whitey mcwhiteface. Let's see how that works out for you in 2020. Between self-loathing cuckolds, BLM, insane 3rd Wave feminists, and universal basic income Millennials the GOP is totes going to lose the Presidency.

:rolleyes:

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 14862
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
So, yet again when pressed for a solution to a given problem EAllusion goes full r____ and simply can't give answer. Cool. Socialist Libertarianism, folks. In the flesh.

But, hey. Keep blaming white people, whitey mcwhiteface. Let's see how that works out for you in 2020. Between self-loathing cuckolds, BLM, insane 3rd Wave feminists, and universal basic income Millennials the GOP is totes going to lose the Presidency.

:rolleyes:

- Doc


Troll attempts in this post:

1) Demanding a socialist libertarian (i.e. roughly Noam Chomsky style thinking) policy answer when Doc knows I believe myself to be on the complete opposite of the political spectrum and express positions accordingly.

2) Demanding a policy answer for a problem that has unrelated to do with the argument that inflaming racial resentment is probably the cause of more racial hate crimes.

3) Calling me a "r____" when he knows I work with intellectually disabled people and have argued directly to him the term is as offensive as any profane word in the language.

4) Using alt-right "cuck" insults while claiming that blaming people for preaching white supremancy is the equivalent of blaming white people collectively.

Etc. Etc.

Anyway, thinking you're having a grand old time triggering the libs by making a pathetic effort to troll a libertarian has a lot more to do with why Trump is in the position he is than the ability to make basic, correct inferences.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:22 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 13047
Location: On the imaginary axis
Chap wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I wonder what kind of socialist libertarian policies we ought to have implemented in 2014 to prevent a black woman from braining a Mexican nonagenarian in 2018?


How about not promoting hate and scapegoating? Would that do?

Oddly, minorities that are used to being hated and scapegoated are quite often easily persuaded to hate another group and scapegoat them. Perhaps its a bit like the fact that child abusers have a considerable likelihood of having been abused as children themselves?

It would be nice if long experience of being despised and made the subject of mistreatment and oppression produced saintly forgiving personalities, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work that way.

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

So, it's White people's fault, correct?

- Doc


Oh. Did you ask whose fault it was?

I thought you asked what could be done to stop people beating up hispanic people. Sorry to have misunderstood.

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:30 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7299
.


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 13047
Location: On the imaginary axis
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Caucasians who're clearly at fault for perpetuating an environment in which black women feel entitled to brain Mexican nonagenarians with bricks.


Chap wrote:

If their vote helped Trump to get in, well yes, they have encouraged the growth of anti-hispanic resentment, even hatred, to which black people are no more immune than whites. But I doubt that many whites like that subscribed.


Ceeboo wrote:

Are you stoned?

Seriously.


Sorry - you are suggesting that the view that voting for Trump did something to boost anti-hispanic feeling is so bizarre that it can only be held by someone on mind-altering substances?

Or do you mean something else?

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7299
l


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 13047
Location: On the imaginary axis
Ceeboo wrote:
... [you assert that] that millions of white American citizens have not just encouraged the growth of anti-Hispanic resentment, you raise the bar by suggesting that these millions of white American citizens encourage flat out hatred of Hispanic people.


Oh. So you don't think that Trump has done anything to encourage the growth of anti-Hispanic resentment since he has become President?

And you don't think that having voted for Trump carries any responsibility for putting him in a position to do that, given that he made his attitude quite plain throughout his presidential campaign?

Well, it's an opinion I suppose.

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7299
/


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm
Posts: 5352
Quote:
So, it's White people's fault, correct?

- Doc


There's no money in blaming nonwhite people Doc.

_________________
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group