It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7296
.


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 10995
Location: Multiverse
Ceeboo wrote:
Another great contribution, Mak

"The encyclopedia of American Loons" .......... Unfortunately, I am not surprised that you were the one who provided the board with this valuable post. Do yo have anything from the National Enquirer on Prager that you can add?

How about something really condescending from Maher. Got anything in your personal "Mock those who view things different than I do" library?


I'll see what I can do, buddy. I'm sure there are some partisan memes out there somewhere about how we should "Fear the Right". :lol:

You're a bit behind the times. The tinfoil hat crowd goes to Alex Jones, not the Enquirer. Including the president, by the way. :cool:

I can respect fear of fanatics but they're everywhere. Left right here there.

_________________
You have made this ludicrous assertion about Israelite religion in the New World. Produce one shred of non-faith based evidence to prove it. --Philip Jenkins


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am
Posts: 1741
Ceeboo, I agree. There are certainly trouble makers on all sides, but filtering out these outliers and speaking to the rule rather than the exception, the left broadly subscribes to an authoritarian ideology that cherishes violence. This is an association which is historical and lauded. The left despises freedom and democracy. It has a time honored tradition of dressing up slavery as freedom. Case in point, the manufactured Russia investigation, the immigration hypocrisy, along with social treatment of Trump admin staffers. Etc.

This will get a lot worse before it gets better. I applaud your effort to engage in a discussion, unfortunately this isn't the place for building bridges. As you can see. Hopefully gazing into the minds of these radicals is proving informative for you and serves to sharpen your sense of the severity of these problems and what lies ahead. I wish you well and leave you with these links.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2 ... rotesters/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/man-h ... y-grocery/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/barte ... en-miller/

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2 ... -policies/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/08/reine ... s-payback/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-m ... stop-trump

https://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-new ... hreatened/

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/crim ... -570787604


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:33 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7296
.


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 10995
Location: Multiverse
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
What separate phenomenon occurred in that time frame that explains this in terms of interracial conflict between blacks and Mexicans that is distinct from alt-right fostered hate?

ETA: It appears you think that black people cannot be affected by dehumanizing, xenophobic, and scapegoating rhetoric towards latinos that is separately motivated by white supremacy. Why on earth would you think that?


It appears you're unfamiliar with the long and unfortunately violent history between California Blacks and Mexicans. Why on earth do you need to make this somehow the fault of Trump's racism? I mean, I can get on board that Blacks now feel emboldened to be more overtly bigoted toward Mexicans because the current climate of immigration enforcement gives wind to their resentments. But to displace fault from Black animosity to White supremacy is cynical at best and race mongering at worst.

- Doc



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871

_________________
You have made this ludicrous assertion about Israelite religion in the New World. Produce one shred of non-faith based evidence to prove it. --Philip Jenkins


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 17218
Maksutov wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871


Lol, wut.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm
Posts: 5294
Quote:
This will get a lot worse before it gets better. I applaud your effort to engage in a discussion, unfortunately this isn't the place for building bridges. As you can see. Hopefully gazing into the minds of these radicals is proving informative for you and serves to sharpen your sense of the severity of these problems and what lies ahead. I wish you well and leave you with these links.


Best post ever. +1000

_________________
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 11651
Water Dog wrote:
Ceeboo, I agree. There are certainly trouble makers on all sides, but filtering out these outliers and speaking to the rule rather than the exception, the left broadly subscribes to an authoritarian ideology that cherishes violence. This is an association which is historical and lauded. The left despises freedom and democracy. It has a time honored tradition of dressing up slavery as freedom. Case in point, the manufactured Russia investigation, the immigration hypocrisy, along with social treatment of Trump admin staffers. Etc.

This will get a lot worse before it gets better. I applaud your effort to engage in a discussion, unfortunately this isn't the place for building bridges. As you can see. Hopefully gazing into the minds of these radicals is proving informative for you and serves to sharpen your sense of the severity of these problems and what lies ahead. I wish you well and leave you with these links.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2 ... rotesters/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/man-h ... y-grocery/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/barte ... en-miller/

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2 ... -policies/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/08/reine ... s-payback/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-m ... stop-trump

https://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-new ... hreatened/

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/crim ... -570787604


LOL. I clicked on the first few and it is funny how the Right Wing propaganda mill spins these incidents and blows them up as newsworthy. Because some Republican is running away from peaceful protesters exercising their 1st amendment right, that doesn't mean they're being "chased" - suggesting bodily harm is the intent.

Maybe if these Republicans weren't such snowflakes who were terrified of their own shadows, these situations could very well turn into cordial discussions between two human beings. I mean, who knows?

by the way, hot air? daily caller?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also the notion that CeeBoo has any interest in "building bridges."

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:17 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7296
/


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:31 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 10952
Location: Your mother's purse
Kevin Graham wrote:

LOL. I clicked on the first few and it is funny how the Right Wing propaganda mill spins ...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:37 pm 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 14675
subgenius wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:

LOL. I clicked on the first few and it is funny how the Right Wing propaganda mill spins ...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Yeah, American conservatism unfortunately has become typified by this sort of bottomless intellectual dishonesty. It's a shame. It's also a threat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 12933
Location: On the imaginary axis
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871


Lol, wut.

- Doc


Quote:
By the end of the riot
The dead Chinese in Los Angeles were hanging at three places near the heart of the downtown business section of the city; from the wooden awning over the sidewalk in front of a carriage shop; from the sides of two “prairie schooners” parked on the street around the corner from the carriage shop; and from the cross-beam of a wide gate leading into a lumberyard a few blocks away from the other two locations. One of the victims was hanged without his trousers and minus a finger on his left hand.[4]
Historian Paul de Falla wrote that the trousers were taken to get to his money, and his finger was cut to take a diamond ring.[4]
The mob ransacked practically every Chinese-occupied building on the block and attacked or robbed nearly every resident. A total of 17 to 20 Chinese immigrant men were hanged by the mob.


LOL?

Can someone explain the joke?

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:58 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 17218
Chap wrote:
Can someone explain the joke?


Unless you're marching your ass down to the rectory to light a candle I'll ask you to hold off from your faux pearl clutching. Jesus, your ass is puckered so tightly you could make some serious money by swallowing coal.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am
Posts: 1741
Gotta keep stoking that fire.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... toric-high

Despite Trump having overwhelming Republican support for his nominee, isn't it interesting, out of all the people out there, which "conservatives" the media chooses to interview and bring onto its programs for sound bites. Nope. No bias. None whatsoever. Just honest reporting.

Quote:
They're called #NeverTrumpers. A group of former or current Republicans who loath President Trump so much that every day in print and on TV is an exercise in the kind of vitriol that makes most Democrats look downright timid. First, who are the leading #NeverTrumpers? Here's your Top-10 in no particular order: Bill Kristol. Jennifer Rubin. George Will. Joe Scarborough. Steve Schmidt. Max Boot. David Frum. David Brooks. Bret Stephens. Ana Navarro.

If these names seem like they're more ubiquitous lately, it's because they are. Nary an hour goes by on cable news or Twitter or print media where you won't hear or find some hyperbolic statement regarding their unfiltered feelings about the president. And if you're a cable news executive or producer or online publisher, nothing in political punditry seems to make for headlines-grabbing TV or clickbait better than a Republican (or in Scarborough's, Schmidt's and Boot's case, former Republican) slamming a Republican president in the most deeply-of-personal terms that have little to do with tax cuts or ISIS strategy or Supreme Court nominees.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 6111
Location: Arizona
ajax18 wrote:
That's funny since I've actually performed a lot of Christian service for Latino people and Trump has reduced Hispanic unemployment in the US to record lows. This just proves that one cannot be a proponent of enforcing the border without being blamed for every wrong committed against Hispanic people, even by black people? Unbelievable. And you say I'm unhinged.


Trump didn't really do that much with the Unemployment rate being very low. The Unemployment rate dropped significantly under Obama's Presidency.
Please See: viewtopic.php?p=1122627#p1122627

_________________
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 11651
Brackite wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
That's funny since I've actually performed a lot of Christian service for Latino people and Trump has reduced Hispanic unemployment in the US to record lows. This just proves that one cannot be a proponent of enforcing the border without being blamed for every wrong committed against Hispanic people, even by black people? Unbelievable. And you say I'm unhinged.


Trump didn't really do that much with the Unemployment rate being very low. The Unemployment rate dropped significantly under Obama's Presidency.
Please See: http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... 7#p1122627


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:21 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 11651
EAllusion wrote:
Yeah, American conservatism unfortunately has become typified by this sort of bottomless intellectual dishonesty. It's a shame. It's also a threat.

Yep, the dumbest memes ever. And I was referring to the two or three examples I clicked on where vocally protesting was listed as proof of physical violence on the left. The fact that the Republicans in these examples are terrified and running doesn't make the protesters violent, it just makes them scared little snowflakes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:57 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 12933
Location: On the imaginary axis
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871


Lol, wut.

- Doc


Chap wrote:

Quote:
By the end of the riot
The dead Chinese in Los Angeles were hanging at three places near the heart of the downtown business section of the city; from the wooden awning over the sidewalk in front of a carriage shop; from the sides of two “prairie schooners” parked on the street around the corner from the carriage shop; and from the cross-beam of a wide gate leading into a lumberyard a few blocks away from the other two locations. One of the victims was hanged without his trousers and minus a finger on his left hand.[4]
Historian Paul de Falla wrote that the trousers were taken to get to his money, and his finger was cut to take a diamond ring.[4]
The mob ransacked practically every Chinese-occupied building on the block and attacked or robbed nearly every resident. A total of 17 to 20 Chinese immigrant men were hanged by the mob.


LOL?

Can someone explain the joke?



Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Unless you're marching your ass down to the rectory to light a candle I'll ask you to hold off from your faux pearl clutching. Jesus, your ass is puckered so tightly you could make some serious money by swallowing coal.

- Doc


No, honestly, it's just that I am obviously missing something here. There must be some reason why a bunch of innocent Chinese people getting hanged by a mob is funny in the context in which Maksutov referred to it.

I'd really like you to explain. Or maybe someone else will help me out if you won't.

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:50 pm
Posts: 1629
Chap wrote:
No, honestly, it's just that I am obviously missing something here. There must be some reason why a bunch of innocent Chinese people getting hanged by a mob is funny in the context in which Maksutov referred to it.

I'd really like you to explain. Or maybe someone else will help me out if you won't.
I read Doc's "lol" as being directed at Mak's link generally not at the particular contents of the link. Mainly that the reference was a bit out of left field in the context of discussing current events. Minds may disagree as to the relevance but I think Doc was tickled by what he viewed a non-sequitur.

_________________
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:07 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 7296
./


Last edited by Ceeboo on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Fear Of The Left.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:14 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 12933
Location: On the imaginary axis
Xenophon wrote:
Chap wrote:
No, honestly, it's just that I am obviously missing something here. There must be some reason why a bunch of innocent Chinese people getting hanged by a mob is funny in the context in which Maksutov referred to it.

I'd really like you to explain. Or maybe someone else will help me out if you won't.
I read Doc's "lol" as being directed at Mak's link generally not at the particular contents of the link. Mainly that the reference was a bit out of left field in the context of discussing current events. Minds may disagree as to the relevance but I think Doc was tickled by what he viewed a non-sequitur.


Thanks. I'm happy to go with that. DrC does have his little ways, but this looked just plain nasty as I read it, and I am glad to have an explanation..

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group