It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:23 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
Image

Is this an accurate inference about Liberal Logic?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:56 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am
Posts: 5902
No, but it’s a sign that you’ve been watching too much ‘Fox and Friends’. :smile:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:12 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:29 pm
Posts: 3833
no connection to liberal thought.

It might be something a stoned 17 year old would agree with as a joke. (if sufficiently loaded would find it funny)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am
Posts: 5902
huckelberry wrote:
(if sufficiently loaded would find it funny)

And then they’d be laughing that Han Solo was the basis for comparison. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 8062
subgenius wrote:
Image

Is this an accurate inference about Liberal Logic?

Hmmm. When did "Greedy" and "Earned Every Penny" become contrasting opposites? Either could describe both people. In reality, the photo says more about conservative logic and it's misinterpretation of what motivates American progressives.

But hey, let's play!

Image

This could be fun.

_________________
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:13 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 5105
subgenius wrote:
Image

Is this an accurate inference about Liberal Logic?


I don't know about that, but Han Solo is infinitely cooler than whoever the douchebag on the left is.

_________________
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:34 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
honorentheos wrote:
subgenius wrote:
Image

Is this an accurate inference about Liberal Logic?

Hmmm. When did "Greedy" and "Earned Every Penny" become contrasting opposites? Either could describe both people. In reality, the photo says more about conservative logic and it's misinterpretation of what motivates American progressives.

But hey, let's play!
...
This could be fun.

Yeah, the fun part would probably be going through the threads on this board and noting how many times liberal posters condemn CEOs for their pay compared to how many posters condemn Hollywood stars' pay.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:37 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
DarkHelmet wrote:
subgenius wrote:
Image

Is this an accurate inference about Liberal Logic?


I don't know about that, but Han Solo is infinitely cooler than whoever the douchebag on the left is.

yep, as predicted - style over substance remains as the DNC platform for 2018.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:05 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 2369
subgenius wrote:
yep, as predicted - style over substance remains as the DNC platform for 2018.


As predicted - reliance on simplistic meme’s as the foundation for trump support by mouth breathing holler dwellers in 2018.

We all get that you are a shallow tool but why do you feel the need to come here prove it every day?

_________________
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 5105
subgenius wrote:
yep, as predicted - style over substance remains as the DNC platform for 2018.


As predicted, you assumed I took this meme as seriously as you took it. Subbie logic - meme's like this will destroy my enemies :lol: This was a very poorly constructed meme for a few reasons.

1. It's a straw man. The subject of the meme does not accurately portray any liberal ideology I'm aware of. It is what Fox News wants people to believe is liberal ideology. Therefore, it is quickly seen as just more Fox News propaganda and easily dismissed.
2. Clearly the creator of this meme has no basic understanding of marketing. The meme uses one of the most beloved characters in history (a character who is recognized and loved by people in all demographic groups) as the villain, and portrays some fat, balding douchebag as the hero. Seriously, the "hero" in your meme looks like an imperial officer. So the question is, why would anyone create this meme, unless they are actually a liberal trying to make conservatives look stupid, and why would a conservative re-post it?

_________________
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
schreech wrote:

We all get that you are a shallow tool but why do you feel the need to come here prove it every day?

same reason you do, but I just have to try harder than you because you make being a shallow tool look effortless.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:48 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
DarkHelmet wrote:
As predicted, you assumed I took this meme as seriously as you took it. Subbie logic - meme's like this will destroy my enemies :lol: This was a very poorly constructed meme for a few reasons.

wow, your powers for presupposition are impressive.

DarkHelmet wrote:
1. It's a straw man. The subject of the meme does not accurately portray any liberal ideology I'm aware of.

Oh, if you're not aware of it then....then you've never read any of the countless ant-CEO salary/compensation posts on this board...but you being unaware is totally believable.

DarkHelmet wrote:
It is what Fox News wants people to believe is liberal ideology. Therefore, it is quickly seen as just more Fox News propaganda and easily dismissed.

Again, if you think the liberal/left posts on this board overwhelmingly contradict this alleged propaganda then refute the claim with an actual counter argument and not some blather about "unh unh Fox, uhmm uhmm Maddow".

DarkHelmet wrote:
2. Clearly the creator of this meme has no basic understanding of marketing. The meme uses one of the most beloved characters in history (a character who is recognized and loved by people in all demographic groups) as the villain, and portrays some fat, balding douchebag as the hero.

and "clearly" you have no basic understanding of the difference between message and messenger. As note by my "style over substance" comment you are preferring to dismiss the point because of its style...and I have no issue with Harrison Ford and love the real Star Wars movies...but I am adult enough to know the meme is not a singular attack on Ford or Solo...its kinda the core of what a "meme" is.
Nevertheless, go on and explain how pretty bows and modern color palettes are the key to your principles while simultaneously claiming "propaganda tactics !"

DarkHelmet wrote:
Seriously, the "hero" in your meme looks like an imperial officer. So the question is, why would anyone create this meme, unless they are actually a liberal trying to make conservatives look stupid, and why would a conservative re-post it?

Because only liberals look at shallow qualities to affirm their principles while conservatives are adult enough to recognize the substance as a means to affirm.
But your way worked out well in November 2016, so stick with that for November 2018.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:58 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 2369
subgenius wrote:
Image


yep, reliance of simple single image meme's for political opinions and the inability to respond beyond elementary school come backs...The hallmarks of a Trump supporter. Thanks for representing small-town-been-nowhere american supporters of trump! You are exactly the type of person everyone expects a trump supporter to be.

Image

_________________
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 am 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12749
subgenius wrote:
Yeah, the fun part would probably be going through the threads on this board and noting how many times liberal posters condemn CEOs for their pay compared to how many posters condemn Hollywood stars' pay.


My Dad is about as conservative as them come and he would complain about how much money some athletes would make. I would just say it is based on a free market system. Most actors do not have any control of the purse strings and have to negotiate there wage, but most actors don't make much money. CEO's have more control of the purse strings.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:02 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
Themis wrote:
Most actors do not have any control of the purse strings and have to negotiate there wage, but most actors don't make much money. CEO's have more control of the purse strings.

Actually most actors do have control through that pesky Unipn of theirs...there are actual required pay rates via that little "control" mechanism aka CBA. Remind me what union agreement has legal binding for CEO's having so much control...your assertion has no foundation in reality nor any evidence.
But I'm pretty sure you have it all reasoned out in spite of such pesky realities.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:05 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 11169
Location: Your mother's purse
schreech wrote:
yep, reliance of simple single image meme's for political opinions and the inability to respond beyond elementary school come backs...The hallmarks of a Trump supporter.

given your first post on this thread (and post on every thread), clearly you are a Trump supporter...who'd have guessed?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am
Posts: 5902
subgenius wrote:
schreech wrote:

We all get that you are a shallow tool but why do you feel the need to come here prove it every day?

same reason you do, but I just have to try harder than you because you make being a shallow tool look effortless.

subs, don’t be so hard on yourself. You’ve totally got this ‘shallow tool’ thing down pat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 am 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12749
subgenius wrote:
Actually most actors do have control through that pesky Unipn of theirs...there are actual required pay rates via that little "control" mechanism aka CBA. Remind me what union agreement has legal binding for CEO's having so much control...your assertion has no foundation in reality nor any evidence.
But I'm pretty sure you have it all reasoned out in spite of such pesky realities.


Unions just mean collective bargaining with those who control the purse strings and still most actors don't make much, and CEO's do have more control over the purse strings. Interesting you call unions pesky since they are they are supposed to represent the lower income groups. How terrible lower income people get together to try and get better pay.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:31 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 2369
subgenius wrote:
Image


And in record time, subfaps goes from a half-witted, frustrated basement dweller who can't seem to differentiate between some shallow right wing meme and reality to full blown incoherence...Nice! Way to represent the unsuccessful holler dwelling stooges who consider electing a pandering con man/reality star as President a "win" - seems desperate but I get that they don't come that often for you.

Appreciate the entertainment while I sit in this airport lounge, you are a gem!

Image

_________________
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 5105
subgenius wrote:
DarkHelmet wrote:
As predicted, you assumed I took this meme as seriously as you took it. Subbie logic - meme's like this will destroy my enemies :lol: This was a very poorly constructed meme for a few reasons.

wow, your powers for presupposition are impressive.

DarkHelmet wrote:
1. It's a straw man. The subject of the meme does not accurately portray any liberal ideology I'm aware of.

Oh, if you're not aware of it then....then you've never read any of the countless ant-CEO salary/compensation posts on this board...but you being unaware is totally believable.

DarkHelmet wrote:
It is what Fox News wants people to believe is liberal ideology. Therefore, it is quickly seen as just more Fox News propaganda and easily dismissed.

Again, if you think the liberal/left posts on this board overwhelmingly contradict this alleged propaganda then refute the claim with an actual counter argument and not some blather about "unh unh Fox, uhmm uhmm Maddow".

DarkHelmet wrote:
2. Clearly the creator of this meme has no basic understanding of marketing. The meme uses one of the most beloved characters in history (a character who is recognized and loved by people in all demographic groups) as the villain, and portrays some fat, balding douchebag as the hero.

and "clearly" you have no basic understanding of the difference between message and messenger. As note by my "style over substance" comment you are preferring to dismiss the point because of its style...and I have no issue with Harrison Ford and love the real Star Wars movies...but I am adult enough to know the meme is not a singular attack on Ford or Solo...its kinda the core of what a "meme" is.
Nevertheless, go on and explain how pretty bows and modern color palettes are the key to your principles while simultaneously claiming "propaganda tactics !"

DarkHelmet wrote:
Seriously, the "hero" in your meme looks like an imperial officer. So the question is, why would anyone create this meme, unless they are actually a liberal trying to make conservatives look stupid, and why would a conservative re-post it?

Because only liberals look at shallow qualities to affirm their principles while conservatives are adult enough to recognize the substance as a means to affirm.
But your way worked out well in November 2016, so stick with that for November 2018.


:lol: You continue to act is if this meme has some deep qualities that I am missing. You are so cute. That meme is about as deep as this one...

Image

...but far less funny, and this one doesn't even have any words.

_________________
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Liberal Logic 101
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 2369
SUBfaps wrote:
DarkHelmet wrote:
It is what Fox News wants people to believe is liberal ideology. Therefore, it is quickly seen as just more Fox News propaganda and easily dismissed.

Again, if you think the liberal/left posts on this board overwhelmingly contradict this alleged propaganda then refute the claim with an actual counter argument and not some blather about "unh unh Fox, uhmm uhmm Maddow".



Lol.

Here you go Darkhelmet:

"Subfaps in a barely literate kitty diddler who spends most of his time sitting in horribly soiled underwear and licking cheeto powder off his hands while he single finger types his incoherent whatabout obama posts on this site"

If he thinks his posts on this board overwhelmingly contradict this allegation then he can refute the claim with an actual counter argument and not some blather about "hurrrdurr, notwithstanding hit dog holler, hurrrdurr, Libruls!! butbutbut whatabout obama/clinton/the "left"".

_________________
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group