Sarah Sanders kicked out of Virginia Restaurant

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of Virginia Restaurant

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:And it just goes to show that the GOP and people dedicated to voting GOP are complete hypocrites. You could pick any day in Drumpf's administration (seriously - any day), and if Obama had done the same things Drumpf did, Republicans and their base would be apoplectic.

They're full for hypocritical crap.

I certainly agree that GOP hypocrisy knows no bounds. For this and other reasons, Trump and the current crop of Republicans who support him are the greatest threat to our democracy I have seen in my long lifetime!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

honorentheos wrote:Or get sarcasm. You really talked pass cafe crema because you failed to understand what she was saying.

Went away still pissed, there is a very big difference between respecting what some one does and pitying them for doing it. Condescending comes in when one feels you are being nice to the overworked person in front of you because they are in this low position instead of viewing them as a professional in their occupation, a a person who takes pride in what they do not an object of pity.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

There is no contradiction between thinking that the job someone is doing is so demanding, unpleasant, and ill-paid that you feel sorry for them and hope they will have better luck in their next job, and feeling respect for the fact that they are still putting their all into the damn job, and doing the best they can to provide a decent service to the customers they have to deal with.

Of course it is the respect that you articulate to them as an act of decency and human solidarity. They don't need you to tell them that they have a crappy job - they probably feel that most of the time - but they do need to be reminded that somebody is grateful for what they do and recognises what they put into it.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.