Happy Father's Day guys!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Happy Father's Day guys!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hey Dads,

Just a note to wish you guys a Happy Father's Day! We here at the Jersey Homestead are gearing up for a gathering of the tribe and extended tribe tomorrow. Semi-giant cook out type thing...burgers, brats, steaks on the grill. Salads (potato, macaroni, tossed), veggies, fruit with sour cream and honey topping (try this you won't be disappointed), various chips some even somewhat healthy, and I swear, a cute little ice cream sundae bar that is to die for (hot fudge, salted caramel, gummi worms, oreo dirt, M&M's, whipped cream, and my personal fav--smashed up Heath Bars)--seriously, we feed you good around here. :lol: My favorite parts are black and white cloth napkins with red silverware and red fresh flowers that match the curtains I made. I always care more about the table than the food. I do. It's a fact.

I didn't have a great Dad. Well, I did and then I didn't. What's wonderful though is that in my life today there are examples of great Dad's in the family that I made <3 and the extended family that came into our lives through marriage and I welcome the chance to have a real Father's Day celebration for real Dads who really mean it. They deserve it.

If you are a real father who really means it, I hope you have the day that you wish for. Whether you are with your family or escaping to a lake to fish on your own, relaxing around the house, or out on the trail (you know who you are), getting into a new book, or whatever you enjoy, and if you are grieving for your child as so many of my in real life acquaintences are (I can't believe how many), I hope you can find a moment of peace and comfort in your day or someone to be with you if that will help when nothing seems like it can or you know, if you have to sleep through it to get through it. Do it. We've been there too.

If you want to share your day and tell us what you were up to, feel free to do it on this thread. Don't forget the ice cream! It matters.

Jersey
:-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb