Trump's War on Children

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's War on Children

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:Trump on reuniting already separated families. Read through the whole thing.

“I’m directing HHS, DHS, DOJ to work together to keep illegal immigrant families together during the immigration process and reunite these previously separated groups,”’ Trump said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... t-families

Thanks, Jersey Girl.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

I think I'm willing to let Melania slide on this one. I think any story of her is more of a distraction than anything else.

More telling to me is that we can't seem to get a piece of legislation through the House even when there is a lot of political will for some form of compromise. The hardline bill died on the floor and they are delaying voting on the more "middle ground" style bill until Friday as they don't expect to have the votes for it. As has been par for the course so far, Trump's visit to Capitol Hill mostly just caused more confusion rather than solidifying either bills' chance of moving on.
The linked article wrote:White House officials and Trump himself traveled to Capitol Hill this week seeking to force Congress to take action on immigration. But many GOP lawmakers saw the lobbying effort as abortive and perplexing, culminating in Trump tweeting Thursday morning that the Senate would reject anything the House passed, dampening House members’ enthusiasm for taking a tough vote.

Of course the House knows they need votes from Dems in the Senate to get anything through, you'd think they might invite them to the table to construct something worthwhile.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Next up they'll be saying it's inhumane to detain the parents hence enforcing the border in any way becomes a human rights violation.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ajax,

A Mexican, Central American, or South American mother seeking refugee status can't do that at an embassy, in a neighboring country, or in Mexico. You see, dragging your kids thousands of miles through foreign territory isn't cruel or inhumane, but looking to circumvent immigration laws in the US and then being detained, with or without your kids (pick one Liberals) is 100% not her fault. It's our responsibility to pay for a home, food, and other entitlements in the US no questions asked until she's given full citizenship.

If you disagree with this course of action you're a racist.

Well.

I mean you're a racist, but so is everyone else who doesn't open up the American portocullis.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

Jersey Girl wrote:That's predictable.

As is your naïveté when it comes to Melania. We'll never forget this thread when you gave her a pass for going on TV to blame Billy Bush for her husband's comments.

How do you know that she didn't?

Seriously? Now you sound like subs. If she had been at these detention centers we would have known because they're all crawling with media. Protesters and local politicians were trying to get in the entire time, but somehow everyone missed Melania and the secret service entourage?

Stage things? Do you read any of the posts that I make? Do you follow any of the links I provide?

Not always, but not sure how that changes the point I just made.

The EO doesn't remotely settle the dust.

It does in terms of children being separated from their parents, which was the outrage of the century that has now been quelled. She doesn't have to deal with protesters yelling about a problem (separating families) that no longer exists.

Maybe she sought access when she felt she'd had and handle on the mechanics of the now rescinded policy and had a belly full of the misleading often incomplete ____ reports coming out of both the gov't and media, or felt fully recovered from surgery to venture out on her own.

Again, naïve. Look you like her, I get it. You're going to give her the benefit of the doubt no matter what evidence there is to the contrary apparently. Your comments on the Billy Bush thread made that clear.

Oh shut up. Maybe she wore the jacket because it was comfortable. Or...get this...think like a woman...tap into your inner female...it's not that hard...maybe she is using it to make a statement about independently breaking from the political games that are afoot (having already publicly condemned them) and doing her own thing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Riiiiiiiiiiight. This was about her being comfortable and sending a message to her husband!

Look, if she were half the feminist hero you like to imagine her to be then she would have stood up to that racist/misogynistic windbag of a husband a long time ago. She has all the power to completely “F” his world up if she had any integrity and would just divorce him as sitting President. But then she would lose the luxurious lifestyle he affords her. She is obviously a very shallow person who can easily be bought and Trump has been getting his money's worth. Everything about her is fake. She lied about her education, she plagiarized Michelle's speech, she married a fat disgusting racist/bigot because of his wealth, she's had every kind of plastic surgery imaginable, she flaunts her ridiculous wealth (24k gold stroller? designer heels at a post-hurricane walk through?) as if it were something she herself worked for. She is doing precisely what Trump expects of all his subservient cult members. She knows he has cheated on her even while she was breast feeding with their son, and the best she can do to send a message to Americans that women are empowered is not hold his hand every once in a while and then disappear for a few weeks. Or letting her spokesperson speak on her behalf about Rudy Giuliani instead of speaking up herself. Hiding behind her spokesperson or Twitter or whatever gives her plausible deniability if the crap hits the fan and she needs a take back. She is married to the biggest cyber bully in history and claims to be against bullying. Ya, what integrity!

Such a model wife/mother that all American females should aspire to be, right? The message sent by her is to first cut your body up as much as possible and then marry a billionaire. Trophy/Stepford wife is too good of a description for her in my opinion.

================

UPDATE: Donald Trump really does have Melania doing his bidding. He just explained what message she was sending:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!

5:51 PM - Jun 21, 2018

Now if she were half the woman Jersey Girl thinks she is she would stand up to her husband and undermine his tweet publicly by saying that wasn't her intent at all. But we all know that isn't going to happen.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Xenophon wrote:I think I'm willing to let Melania slide on this one. I think any story of her is more of a distraction than anything else.

Yup. I'm really not interested in what goes on inside her head.

Nor, to be frank, am I very interested in arguments about whether or not people have the correct feelings about her, or what they said about her last time.

Let's get back to what the people with power and responsibility (sometimes with both) are up to, shall we? That's what will make a difference to these poor kids one way or another. Melania is just a distraction - perhaps even a deliberate one.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hawkeye wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:That's predictable.

As is your naïveté when it comes to Melania. We'll never forget this thread when you gave her a pass for going on TV to blame Billy Bush for her husband's comments.

Okay buddy, instead of replying in terms of "We'll", as if you stand with an imaginary army of supporters, linking to an entire thread instead of a post, and quote where I "gave her a pass for going on TV to blame Billy Bush for her husband's comments."

Quote me.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hawkeye wrote:
Such a model wife/mother that all American females should aspire to be, right? The message sent by her is to first cut your body up as much as possible and then marry a billionaire. Trophy/Stepford wife is too good of a description for her in my opinion.

Your above comments are no less dehumanizing that those of Trump himself when he speaks of "animals" and "infestation".

Congrats. You just put yourself on par with him.
Chinese Proverb
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Maybe time for a thread split?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hawkeye wrote:
UPDATE: Donald Trump really does have Melania doing his bidding. He just explained what message she was sending:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!

5:51 PM - Jun 21, 2018

Now if she were half the woman Jersey Girl thinks she is she would stand up to her husband and undermine his tweet publicly by saying that wasn't her intent at all. But we all know that isn't going to happen.

He doesn't speak for his wife. His wife speaks for herself. She did so when she came out against the separation of families while her husband was claiming it was a "you have to".
Chinese Proverb