ten-HUT USA! Sit up straight, the Leader is speaking ...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

ten-HUT USA! Sit up straight, the Leader is speaking ...

Post by _Chap »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -listen-to

"He’s the head of a country. And I mean, he is the strong head," Trump said of Kim in remarks from the White House north lawn to "Fox & Friends."

"Don’t let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same," Trump said."

Course, he was joking really ... such a humorist, no? Obviously there's no way Trump wishes he could treat his opponents the way Kim does. Nope, he has never shown the slightest inclination in that direction ....

It wasn't clear what Trump meant by "his people" and "my people," phrasings that could be interpreted to mean all North Koreans and Americans but that could also mean those people reporting directly to the two leaders.
Steve Doocy, the Fox reporter who conducted the interview, did not ask a direct follow-up question to clarify.

Speaking to reporters on the White House lawn after the Fox interview, Trump was pressed on what he meant when he said that he wanted his "people" so listen to him like the North Koreans listen to Kim.

"I was kidding," he said. "You don't understand sarcasm."

A White House spokesperson did not immediately respond to The Hill's request for clarification.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: ten-HUT USA! Sit up straight, the Leader is speaking ..

Post by _canpakes »

Maybe Trump doesn’t get that Kim’s folks ‘sit up and pay attention’ because they’ll be shipped off to a labor camp if they don't?

This is perhaps the most awesome and telling quote from Trump yet. I lol’d when I heard it.

I lol’d even harder when I imagined how the crew over at Fox, along with their loyal viewership, would have reacted if the last President had said such a thing.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Maybe Trump doesn’t get that Kim’s folks ‘sit up and pay attention’ because they’ll be shipped off to a labor camp if they don't?

Kim had his minister of education, the equivalent of Besty DeVos, executed via firing squad at least in part for not sitting up and paying attention in a meeting, no?
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Yeah, probably:

Link.

Another link.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Everyone see this Fox interview with Marco Rubio?

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-marco- ... rea-975876

It's absolutely wild. Rubio tweeted some pretty obvious, if not eloquently stated, criticisms of Kim Jong Un. In a Fox interview, he's challenged on it because Trump says Kim is good now and is given an opportunity to walk his comments back. He doesn't, which is a bit out of character for this sentient sea anemone, but watching it occur is a eyebrow raising.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

EAllusion wrote:Yeah, probably:

Link.

Another link.

I wonder what happened to the soldier who was involved in the 'salute or shake' confusion with Trump in Singapore?

In May 2015, the country's defense minister, Hyon Yong-chol, was reportedly killed with an anti-aircraft gun after being accused of treason.

Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

With so many of these military people being arbitrarily killed, I'm surprised one of them hasn't tried to take Kim Jong Un out. They're standing right beside him with sidearm. They know any slight flinch means they have 50/50 chance of being fed to the dogs. Their chances may improve if they just take him out.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Trump Says Americans Should Obey Him Like North Koreans Obey Kim Jong-un
Is it not obvious by now that Trump aspires to be an absolute dictator, like Kim Jong Un and Putin, and really thinks he is entitled to be above the law? I strongly suspect (as does Farron Cousins) that one of Trump's main motives in meeting with Kim is to learn how to be a more effective dictator, and avoid being deposed.

Trump's apparent approval of and praise for Kim Jong Un is way over the top. How much longer can that brutal dictator avoid being deposed and assassinated by high ranking officials in his own regime, concerned about being the next victims of his insane paranoia? There must be a growing number of people within his regime who fear and hate him enough to want to see permanently and violently removed.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Hawkeye wrote:With so many of these military people being arbitrarily killed, I'm surprised one of them hasn't tried to take Kim Jong Un out. They're standing right beside him with sidearm. They know any slight flinch means they have 50/50 chance of being fed to the dogs. Their chances may improve if they just take him out.

Exactly! It is difficult to fathom why this has not already happened!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »