Sara Huckabee: Separate kids from Mom because of the Bible

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Sara Huckabee: Separate kids from Mom because of the Bib

Post by _honorentheos »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:“It is very biblical to enforce the law, that is actually repeated a number of times throughout the Bible,” Sanders said.

So when Moses led the slaves out of Egypt, was he not being biblical, correct? He disobeyed Egyptian law.

This is about the biggest piece of crap to come out of Sessions and Sanders.

Think about one of the most important Old Testament Stories: King Solomon and the two mothers.. The mother who was willing to accept the legal solution of splitting the baby was not the true mother.

When Jesus threw the moneychangers out of the Temple, did he have the legal right?

When Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a Montgomery Bus for a white man, did she commit the sin of not being biblical?

Justifying the immorality of your position behind the skirt of a couple of Bible verses is reprehensible.

If it is very biblical to enforce the law, any law, what does it mean to be biblical?

From what I've been seeing online, it seems many religious leaders including Sessions' own denomination have repudiated his line of argument. That deserves to be recognized. Perhaps not all Christians have forgotten what that is supposed to really mean.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

MeDotOrg wrote:This policy is being done partially as a negotiating tool to force Democrats to the table. So the Administration is hoping that the compassion that Democrats feel about this suffering will move them to support the wall.

In case anyone doubted MeDotOrg's comment was on point -

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/16/politics ... index.html

President Donald Trump suggested Saturday that he is using his administration's separation of families at the US border as a negotiating tool to get Democrats to cave on his immigration demands, which include funding for a border wall, curbing legal immigration into the US, and tightening the rules for border enforcement.

Trump again falsely blamed Democrats for his administration's actions, and said they could put a stop to the family separations by working with Republicans in Congress. Nearly 2,000 immigrant children were separated from parents over a period of about six weeks in April and May, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

"Democrats can fix their forced family breakup at the Border by working with Republicans on new legislation, for a change!" Trump wrote in a tweet.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

honorentheos wrote:"Democrats can fix their forced family breakup at the Border by working with Republicans on new legislation, for a change!" Trump wrote in a tweet.

When I was a kid, my older brothers used to bludgeon me with my own hand, whilst taunting "Stop hitting yourself."

They're adults now, so they don't do it anymore.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Doctor Steuss wrote:When I was a kid, my older brothers used to bludgeon me with my own hand, whilst taunting "Stop hitting yourself."

Sounds like a game Trump still plays with his employees and staff
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

The Trump administration is now arguing against reuniting those kidnapped children with their families because it would be too traumatic for them.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-administ ... 2c15CUBFyw
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax