Forecasting 2020

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Forecasting 2020

Post by _honorentheos »

Ultra-conservative media has a track record of asserting an incident is evidence of outrageous behavior on the part of Democrats and then, at a later date, turning every complaint about outrageous behavior on the part of a Republican into a playground spat. An example might be, "Hillary left brave Americans to die and tried to cover it up as part of the Benghazi response but Democrats were opposed to constant multiple years worth of hearings into her wrongdoing at the tax-payers expense, so it is hypocrisy to question the motives of Republicans who view the Russia investigation into Trump as a witch hunt."

You remember this from elementary school. "You did it first, I'm just doing it better."

Looking at what's currently in the news and applying this to look forward, I think we are seeing another of these being set up in the constant complaining over Hillary Clinton's book and interviews, and the association of the Mueller investigation with sour grapes over her losing the election "she should have won".

I'm taking bets that in 2020 if Trump loses his reelection bid we will see this become the rationalization for his creating a constitutional crisis by doing what he threatened to do in 2016 and not accepting the results of the election. I can very easily see the arguments from subbie and co. already claiming Clinton couldn't let the fact she lost fair and square go, and the Obama admin started a witch hunt to try and take the Presidency away from Trump, so yadda yadda yadda, liberals just don't like it when what they do is turned back around on them. Because Clinton making comments about Comey affecting the election is equivalent to contesting the results of an election in the calculus of conservative thinking.

Just putting that out there now.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Forecasting 2020

Post by _ajax18 »

I did talk to a man who warned me that Obama would never leave the presidency. I thought he was crazy at first but you can see how the Democrats maintained power in spite of the election results through the deep state.

I'd be very surprised to see DJT win again at this point. It took decades of abuse from the left to bring enough deplorables out of the woods to turn the tide of this last election and even then it was a razor thin miracle. I fear Americans may get to used to winning and take it for granted. It almost seems like the cycle of pride and captivity preached in the Book of Mormon. On top of that we still haven't gotten the wall built.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

ajax18 wrote:I did talk to a man who warned me that Obama would never leave the presidency. I thought he was crazy at first but you can see how the Democrats maintained power in spite of the election results through the deep state.

It is a shame you did not talk to a man who thought he was a lobster. Seafood sounds good to me right now.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:I did talk to a man who warned me that Obama would never leave the presidency. I thought he was crazy at first but you can see how the Democrats maintained power in spite of the election results through the deep state.

LMAO

Jesus damned christ. Do you say this kind of crap around people? Do people laugh in your face?

If you were a little smarter, you might realize that you should be embarrassed for having written that. I'm confident you're not.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

How does this deep state work since Republicans hold all three houses? Do they have secret meetings with Trump and other Republicans to tell him what to do? Could Putin be apart of this deep state?

I'd be very surprised to see DJT win again at this point. It took decades of abuse from the left to bring enough deplorables out of the woods to turn the tide of this last election and even then it was a razor thin miracle.

Have you thanked Putin yet for his help?

I fear Americans may get to used to winning and take it for granted.

What kind of winning are Americans getting now that they may start to take it for granted?

On top of that we still haven't gotten the wall built.

Have most Senators and congressmen ran on a platform building a wall? If not why should they support something they probably already know will not be effective in solving illegal immigration? I am sympathetic to the problem, but you don't seem to want much legal immigration and none from non-white people based on your posting here and at storm-front.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Ah, the deep state. That is even better than setting it up so that Clinton will be the excuse. Thanks for the insight, ajax.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I just keep thinking about the incredibly stupid things you need to believe in order to make this "deep state" crap work.

So, the democrats are so powerful, they are secretly controlling the government, but at the same time, they can't seem to get legitimately elected?

And then you have all of these people in high level positions who have been Republicans for years and were praised by other Republicans... right up until they got involved in the Mueller investigation?

We're at a point now where Drumpf will do something anti-American for breakfast, by lunch he's blaming the Democrats for it, and his idiot base actually believes him by dinner.

The only "deep state" is the deep state of stupidity Drumpf's followers suffer.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Are you suggesting that the "deep state" is secretly taking orders from Obama?
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari