Should woman be charge for false police report

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Should woman be charge for false police report

Post by _honorentheos »

The FBI was spying on the Russians. That Trump got caught up in that web is essentially why this is a thing.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Elphaba
_Emeritus

Post by _Elphaba »

honorentheos wrote:The FBI was spying on the Russians. That Trump got caught up in that web is essentially why this is a thing.
And his own fault.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)
~~Walt Whitman
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

Obama sent a spy into the Trump campaign who was paid to report to the FBI. That's a fact.

No it isn't a fact, it is a lie perpetuated by your usual Right Wing propaganda whores.

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano: “There is no evidence for that whatsoever,” Napolitano said. The fact that the FBI source spoke with “people on the periphery of the campaign,” he said, “is standard operating procedure in intelligence gathering and in criminal investigations.”

Republican House Oversight Committee chairman, Trey Gowdy: “President Trump himself in the Comey memos said if anyone connected with my campaign was working with Russia, I want you to investigate it, and it sounds to me like that is exactly what the FBI did ...I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump."

Republican U.S. Senator Jeff Flake: Spygate is a "Diversionary tactic."

Republican Senator Marco Rubio: FBI didn't spy on Trump Campaign

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper: "No they were not" (spying on the Trump campaign)
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:Obama sent a spy into the Trump campaign who was paid to report to the FBI. That's a fact.

Again, you guys are far too easy to manipulate.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Hawkeye wrote:
Obama sent a spy into the Trump campaign who was paid to report to the FBI. That's a fact.

No, it isn't a fact, it is a lie perpetuated by your usual Right Wing propaganda whores.

The ploy is repeating a lie often enough and hope someone believes it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Eventually, additional evidence and new interviews led the woman to admit that the rape "never happened." She recanted her testimony and said her boyfriend had pressured her to falsely accuse Perry and Counts, the district attorney's office said.

The woman won't face charges because the statute of limitations has expired, the Associated Press reported.

"This case paints a very dark picture of the criminal justice system in New York City, especially at that time and continuing today," Seema Saifee, a senior staff attorney with the Innocence Project, said in a statement. "Like so many other cases that have come to light in recent years, these young black men were aggressively prosecuted and given lengthy prison sentences with very little care for finding the truth."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 588406002/

Wow If true it is just scary. Politics is making people lose their mind.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

DoubtingThomas wrote:

Well, it seems more scary that in 1992 the prosecutor's office felt this was good enough for trial and ultimately got a conviction:
According to The New York Times, she said they punched her so hard her eye swelled, but a doctor who examined found no physical evidence to support her claim and that there were no signs of sexual trauma.

Semen was found in the woman's underwear, which she said she put back on after the rape, but DNA testing excluded both Perry and Counts as the source. After that result, the woman said she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend the night before and the morning of the attack. Prosecutors argued in court the semen in her underwear belonged to the boyfriend although his DNA was never tested.

In addition, the car in which the woman said the rape occurred was never searched.

The alleged victim's testimony was the extent of the prosecution's case against Perry and Counts. There was no physical evidence linking them to the crime.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Eventually, additional evidence and new interviews led the woman to admit that the rape "never happened." She recanted her testimony and said her boyfriend had pressured her to falsely accuse Perry and Counts, the district attorney's office said.

The woman won't face charges because the statute of limitations has expired, the Associated Press reported.

"This case paints a very dark picture of the criminal justice system in New York City, especially at that time and continuing today," Seema Saifee, a senior staff attorney with the Innocence Project, said in a statement. "Like so many other cases that have come to light in recent years, these young black men were aggressively prosecuted and given lengthy prison sentences with very little care for finding the truth."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 588406002/

Read up on the history of false convictions. If you feel threatened as a man, just be glad you are a white man.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951