Investigation of the FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Investigation of the FBI

Post by _moksha »

Reading how Trump ordered an investigation of the FBI.

Made me wonder what life would be like if Julius and Ethel Rosenberg or Al Capone had the power to order an investigation into the FBI.

#ParityAmongCrooks
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Re: Investigation of the FBI

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Your country is heading towards a dictatorship
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Constitutional scholars call this a crisis, but it is being supported by people who just two years ago claimed they loved the Constitution. Suppose that wrapping themselves in the flag was just as phony and their respect for the Bible.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

The most glaring reason to think poorly of the typical Drumpf voter is what that vote says about them personally. You have to have embraced shamelessness to be proud of that vote. You were willing to forego all claims to a moral high ground. You essentially believe it would be fun to jump into a pool of soupy crap. And, you've sold your soul to the gods of willing ignorance.

It's going to take a long time for the country to recover from this, because it's going to mean getting past how low morality a good portion of the country really is.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:Reading how Trump ordered an investigation of the FBI.

Made me wonder what life would be like if Julius and Ethel Rosenberg or Al Capone had the power to order an investigation into the FBI.

#ParityAmongCrooks

or when Janet Reno did the same in Waco. :wink:
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

aussieguy55 wrote:Your country is heading towards a dictatorship

yours is far closer to that than ours will ever be, ya rube.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

subgenius wrote:or when Janet Reno did the same in Waco. :wink:

Another stupid false equivalence. Reno investigated the FBI for lying under oath about the use of pyrotechnic devices after she ordered them not to use them. The files they turned over to Congress was conveniently missing the page mentioning the use of pyrotechnics. So yeah, present this kind of evidence that "Obama inserted a spy to attack the Trump campaign" and then maybe you'll have an argument. Until then you keep supporting an autocratic moron who thinks he has the right to demand to know who the informants are and what they're saying about him. He wants to know because that will determine how he should lie when questioned again.