I can't sleep. I can't breathe.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I can't sleep. I can't breathe.

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I don't even know what to say. My head is whirling around and I don't know if it's because I've run out of medication or because my husband is a dick. I want to run away but don't know where to go or how. This night is dragging in very slow and he is still at his friends doing god knows what. This evening he went to watch football and said he was getting a lift back. I called to say goodnight and he didn't hang the phone up. I listened and he was playing dares and he kissed his friend and then a girl was dared to kiss him and he didn't say no or anything. At which point I hung the phone up and text saying we are done. To which he responded breaking up with me. Calling me names. Saying he has done nothing wrong. This was several hours ago and I am going out of my mind. It might not seem like a big deal. But about a month ago he went out with these friends and talked about cheating and wishing he were single. Then told me i was in the wrong because I shouldn't have listened to him. But even at the time that was the tip of the ice berg. He spends most of his time smoking weed at his mums. And when he is around us he wants to play computer or be in bed and if he gets disturbed or he loses the game we get a horrible attitude. Then he acts like nothing happened and accuses me of starting fights and buggers off and leaves us to hang out with his mum. I could go on and on but I just want to sleep. But I can't. It's like well he dumped me after I said enough and he has called me a load of names. And I'm feeling like well now he will cheat because he can just to spite me. And I'm hurting. I can't see this getting better. We separated about a month ago for a few weeks and he came back lovely. But it didn't last long.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: I can't sleep. I can't breathe.

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Nicky get your meds the first chance that you can. Marriage and raising kids is challenging, and he's bailing out on you like a teenager. It could be a phase he's going through in learning to accept the responsibility of his decisions to get married and have a family. Virtual tons of people go through this kind of thing.

That said. When things settle down, invite him to couples counseling. I mean a real counselor, not a bishop. If he refuses, you go on your own even if you have to take the babies with you. You need some support from someone who isn't directly involved and who can be objective with you.

And don't get lazy about it girl, when you reach a cooling off period. Like you said, it's starting to repeat itself. Before it becomes a lifelong cycle, deal with it now.

If it cannot be dealt with, you'll know. You have a right to choose to seek help.

Top of the list...get your meds. Go from there.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I'm very sorry you're going through this. :-(
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

I would echo what Jersey Girl said about stopping this before it becomes a pattern. Get counseling and get support. One of the hardest things for a mom is the feeling that they are isolated and abandoned. You are not. There is a lot of people who want to help you get through this.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Make it clear that calling you names is not acceptable and do not back down.