It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:28 am 
Bishop

Trump is caught on audio bragging about how he lied to Trudeau about the trade deficit.

And he's on Twitter accusing Trudeau of lying.

Do you think his low information base will bother to listen to the audio and judge him accordingly?

Of course not.

People like subs live in their own world. Just listen to the audio and his crowd laughing as if he were winning something.

Imagine if Obama were caught on audio laughing about willfully lying to another world leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0GUGe6owk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:40 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Trump is caught on audio bragging about how he lied to Trudeau about the trade deficit.

Trump lies or makes things up he has not checked out all the time. Being honest is not something Trump cares about at all. I'm not sure how much he knows about trade deficits, but I suspect he may know little. He keeps taking the ignorant position that all trade deficits are bad, when in reality rich nations almost always have trade deficits with poorer nations. Makes sense when you realize rich nations tend to want more stuff then they can get from within a country, and rich countries with small populations and large land masses tend to have more natural resources then they need. What we need is fair trade and the US has not been a great champion of that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism_in_the_United_States

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:39 pm 
Bishop

Holy CRap. Trump and his family are making huge BANK because of the election and it is just his second year.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump made at least $82 million in outside income last year while serving in the White House, filings show

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:26 pm 
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Holy CRap. Trump and his family are making huge BANK because of the election and it is just his second year.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump made at least $82 million in outside income last year while serving in the White House, filings show

Whatever. Obama used Dijon mustard once. Gawd! Hannity devoted a show to discussing such a horribly elitist, anti-American act. He’s gotta keep The Base’s priorities straight for them, right? : )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:26 am 
God

Could you imagine the endless talking points had Chelsea Clinton made $82M in one year off her parents' political connections? It would've caused a right-wing meltdown never before witnessed. Our country is not in a good place right now.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Could you imagine the endless talking points had Chelsea Clinton made $82M in one year off her parents' political connections? It would've caused a right-wing meltdown never before witnessed. Our country is not in a good place right now.

Nothing happening in gov't right now would go unpunished if the hypocrites weren't in power. I now understand the weight of right-wing moral outrage. It's lighter than air. It's about as truthful and meaningful as anything Drumpf says.

Honestly, it's impossible to take any Drumpf supporter seriously. They're all the brunt of their own pathetic joke. I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't so idiotically and willfully ignorant.

Actually, that would be worse. I guess it's impossible to feel sorry for them. They made their bed (of nails). Any pain they receive, they deserve. It's the rest of us victimized by their stupidity and selfishness that I really feel sympathy for.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:42 pm 
God

Quote:
I guess it's impossible to feel sorry for them. They made their bed (of nails). Any pain they receive, they deserve.

Yes it's probably impossible to feel sorry for people who have seen their lives improve since DJT announce his candidacy for President. It's like feeling sorry for the New England Patriots because they win all the time.

Quote:
It's the rest of us victimized by their stupidity and selfishness that I really feel sympathy for.

If you find that other Americans don't share your vision of progress, you might consider going back to Honduras to help your own country progress in the direction you would like. Wouldn't that be the more selfless thing to do?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:52 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Yes it's probably impossible to feel sorry for people who have seen their lives improve since DJT announce his candidacy for President. It's like feeling sorry for the New England Patriots because they win all the time.

This is a positive point of view, but I’m curious as to the improvement in your own life, or that of close family/friends, since he was elected. I’m not being skeptical, I just want to know what and how you are quantifying this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:58 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Yes it's probably impossible to feel sorry for people who have seen their lives improve since DJT announce his candidacy for President.

How would people's lives improve on Trump announcing he is running for President? I am sure the countries wealthiest are doing better with massive tax cuts you and your children will have to pay for down the road when someone has to finally deal with government debt out of control.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm 
Bishop

Themis wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
Yes it's probably impossible to feel sorry for people who have seen their lives improve since DJT announce his candidacy for President.

How would people's lives improve on Trump announcing he is running for President? I am sure the countries wealthiest are doing better with massive tax cuts you and your children will have to pay for down the road when someone has to finally deal with government debt out of control.

It is very much like the placebo effect. They're still trying to extend their orgasmic climax from his election after years of build up caused by manufactured hatred of the Left. Unemployment could be 30%, Trump could have accidentally nuked Iceland, Melania could come out of the closet as a man, Eric Trump could be exposed as a Muslim extremist and spy for Saudi Arabia, and people like ajax would still feel good because all they really care about is gratifying their racist needs, not what's best for this country.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 pm 
God

Themis wrote:
How would people's lives improve on Trump announcing he is running for President?

During his announcement, he said out-loud, on national TV, what most were only comfortable saying anonymously on Stormfront.

I imagine that likely had a positive emotional/psychological effect on the lives of Nazis white nationalists.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:53 pm 
God

My taxes sure came out better than last year. And there hasn't been any shortage of Medicaid patients. Most still ask for me since I speak espanol. Illegal immigration went down before DJT even won the election. Watch Hannity. He goes 100mph enumerating the good things that have happened since DJT was elected. One thing we've already learned from North Korea is that negotiating from a position of strength rather than apologizing for our country and trying to befriend Islamic extremists works a lot better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
One thing we've already learned from North Korea is that negotiating from a position of strength rather than apologizing for our country and trying to befriend Islamic extremists works a lot better.

It pays to be viewed as an erratic leader with a bigger nuclear arsenal. A position of strength, erratic behavior, and anger management issues can be persuasive.

Plus the knowledge that Trump can be managed with excessive flattery reduced the anxiety of a personal meeting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
If you find that other Americans don't share your vision of progress, you might consider going back to Honduras to help your own country progress in the direction you would like. Wouldn't that be the more selfless thing to do?

What? And give up the thought that my presence in your country drives you crazy? Where's the fun in that?

I have to get something out of this disaster of a President.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm 
Bishop

ajax18 wrote:
Watch Hannity. He goes 100mph enumerating the good things that have happened since DJT was elected. One thing we've already learned from North Korea is that negotiating from a position of strength rather than apologizing for our country and trying to befriend Islamic extremists works a lot better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean watch Trump's Propaganda minister who has no credibility as a journalist because he keeps lying and nurturing Trump's idiotic conspiracy theories?! "Negotiating from a position of strength," as in kissing up to a murderous dictator man-child and giving him all the fawning praise and sugar-coating he desires, all the while getting absolutely nothing in return. Kim Jong Un effectively made Trump his bitch. Trump is going to remove sanctions during his tenure while telling the cameras that N.Korea cannot remove their nukes because it is "scientifically impossible" right now.

Kim Jong Un probably knew that Trump would convince idiots like you that he had somehow accomplished something, while he gets recognition at a summit with N.Korean Flags waving alongside America's. This is making America great? By putting in N.Korea's level? I remember when Obama wanted to meet with Un and you and your ilk considered it anti-American and even treasonous.

Here is the list Hannity made up in ignorance:

Stock Market reached an all-time high
Consumer confidence at 17-year high
More than 2 million jobs created
Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a 7-year high
Unemployment rate at 17-year low
Food Stamp use lowest level in 7 years

(The Economy related "accomplishments" above are all direct products of 8 years of Obama's recovery and nothing to do with Trump.)

The rest of the list is pretty hilarious as Hannity considers anything Trump does an accomplishment even if it is considered a failure by most rational minds. You know, like "Successful trip to Asia"! LOL. I guess that's an amazing accomplishment for Trump. But probably the best "accomplishment" listed by Hannity was this gem: Designated North Korea a terrorist state

Here's the rest of his imaginary "accomplishments."

Signed the Promoting Women In Entrepreneurship Act, which was written and presented by a Democrat.
Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court who was only appointed as a quid pro quo for the political support the UnChristian Right has thrown behind Trump.
Gutted Obama-era regulations which is a failure not an accomplishment.
Ended war on coal - ended an imaginary war by doing absolutely nothing for coal workers.
Weakened Dodd-Frank regulations - which was another idiotic move to push us towards our next financial crisis.
Promoted buying and hiring American - empty rhetoric is not an accomplishment.
Investment from major businesses (FoxConn, Toyota, Ford and others) - which for all we know would have happened anything.
Reduced illegal immigration - illegal immigration has been on the decline over the past 6 years.
Bids for Border Wall underway - act of stupidity, not an an accomplishment.
Fighting back against sanctuary cities - acting like a racist moron on twitter while passing along lies and misinformation about immigrants isn't an accomplishment.
Created Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement Office - a symbolism of his inept administration is not an accomplishment. Besides, I thought smaller government was always the answer?
Worked to reduce F-35 cost - working to do something and actually doing something aren't synonymous, and is thus, not an accomplishment. What does Trump want from Hannity, a participation medal?
Introduced tax reform plan- which benefits primarily big business and Trump's wealthy friends, not least of which include Trump and his family. It did virtually nothing for American workers.
5-year lobbying ban -
Changed rules of engagement against ISIS
Drafted plans to defeat ISIS
Sanctioned Iran over missile program
Responded to Syria's use of chemical weapons
Renegotiating NAFTA
Withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
Removed The United States out of The Paris Accord
Created task force to reduce crime
DOJ targeting MS-13
Signed an Executive Order to promote energy independence and economic growth
Signed Executive Order to protect police officers
Signed Executive Order to target drug cartels
Signed Executive Order for religious freedom
Sending education back to The States
Fixing the Department of Veterans Affairs
Supreme Court upheld parts of President Trump's temporary travel ban Executive Order
Authorized the construction of The Keystone Pipeline
Created commission on opioid addiction
Combating human trafficking (both EO and action)
Rollback of Obama's Cuba policy
Reduced White House payroll
Donating Presidential Salary
Executive Order on Obamacare subsidies
Would not certify the Iran Nuclear Deal
Successful trip to Asia
Signed trade deal with China
ISIS lost virtually all of its territory
Recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital
Passage of Tax Reform Bill
Signed 130 bills into law
Made 136 Presidential Proclamations
Signed 64 Executive Orders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 pm 
God

It's difficult to imagine what goes into thinking Hannity is worth listening to, but if someone tells me I should listen to him, it's a great shortcut to understanding how much that person's opinion is really worth.

Not that their opinion couldn't get better, but they would definitely need to improve their inputs. You can't take a person seriously when they credulously believe everything a liar says.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:19 pm 
God

Hawkeye, I am really starting to think that people like you, EAllusion, and Schmo are bigger threats to my quality of life and liberty than North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, or any rogue state could ever be.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
My taxes sure came out better than last year.

Remember when you pretended to care about deficits?

Quote:
One thing we've already learned from North Korea is that negotiating from a position of strength rather than apologizing for our country and trying to befriend Islamic extremists works a lot better.

North Korea does demonstrate that it is better for a country to have nuclear weapons when negotiating with the US than to capitulate to the US nonproliferation efforts. That is a horrible lesson for the planet, but that's clearly not what you mean. Instead what you mean is something near the exact opposite of reality in which the US concessions to North Korea is spun as the US turning the screws on them whereas the US negotiated and enforced pause in Iran's nuclear program is "befriending Islamic extremists."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Hawkeye, I am really starting to think that people like you, EAllusion, and Schmo are bigger threats to my quality of life and liberty than North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, or any rogue state could ever be.

Starting? Oh, I think you should be honest with yourself. I do genenuinly wonder how much of you is playing along with cynical lying and how much you are duped into what essentially is a cult. I go back and forth on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:

Well, sure. It's not like North Korea is going to spend any cycles pointing out that racism isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It's reflective of your character that you equate a kleptocracy/kakistocracy and a dash of authoritarianism with "liberty."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm 
God

Quote:
Remember when you pretended to care about deficits?

I still care about deficits. Your answer to deficits is to raise taxes. My answer is to cut welfare spending. For you fewer people on food stamps and disability is a tragedy. For me, it's something I celebrate. For you high unemployment and more free early retirements are good because it liberates people to do what they want to do. I prefer low unemployment where everyone is expected to work and contribute.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next