It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:16 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am
Posts: 12575
The apologetic contortions Drumpf supporters are making these days make flat-earthers look like scientists.

Drumpf supporters are like fish living in a fishbowl, believing it to be the entire ocean. Everyone else can see the fishbowl, so it's obvious from the outside what their little world looks like, but from inside, it's the whole enchilada. What's outside the bowl appears distorted and crazy to them, because they're looking at it through the refracted light between the glass bowl and the water, but they have no idea they're looking at an inaccurate picture.

It's not the best analogy - fish seem much smarter than Drumpf supporters.

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 am 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12421
ajax18 wrote:
The Russians were always against the candidate they thought would win.


That makes no sense. Why expend money and resources to just help the underdog? There is no way I would do this. I would look at each candidate and see which ones would most likely help me achieve my goals. For Russia this would be to create chaos, lift sanctions on Russia, create discord among western allies like NATO and the EU. Russia would also want to have influence with a new president. Do you honestly not know Trump has been doing business with the Russians for many years, and unlike all candidates in the last numbers of decades has not revealed his finance's?

I think in reality Trump courted the racists as well as his promise of a wall, and that is all that matters to you. You would be fine if the Russians took over the US as long as they built a wall and kicked out all or most of the non-white people.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 10123
Location: Your mother's purse
Themis wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
The Russians were always against the candidate they thought would win.


That makes no sense.

I agree, and as I have stated in another thread - they never cared who won the election. Attacking the system is far more effective than supporting a candidate...the system is eternal and the candidate is superficial.

Themis wrote:
Why expend money and resources to just help the underdog? There is no way I would do this. I would look at each candidate and see which ones would most likely help me achieve my goals.

Naw, a superficial and short-sighted view and one not likely taken by "the Russians".


Themis wrote:
For Russia this would be to create chaos,

The sole reason and the only sensible one.

Themis wrote:
lift sanctions on Russia,

has not really paid off.


Themis wrote:
create discord among western allies like NATO and the EU.

see also "chaos".

Themis wrote:
Russia would also want to have influence with a new president. Do you honestly not know Trump has been doing business with the Russians for many years, and unlike all candidates in the last numbers of decades has not revealed his finance's?

Hillary Clinton has similar dealings and financial interests with Russia(ns). Money is a bi-partisan issue in this context. It is not arguable that either candidate/party had "dealings" with Russia.

Themis wrote:
I think in reality Trump courted the racists as well as his promise of a wall, and that is all that matters to you. You would be fine if the Russians took over the US as long as they built a wall and kicked out all or most of the non-white people.

this is a petty position, and distracting, because it also reveals the percentage of liberal voters who are also stupid and also vote via "the racism boogeyman".

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 am 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 13630
There's a dispute among hardcore white supremacists about being pro-Russia or not. On the pro-side, you have those who see Putin dedicated to running a quasi-fascist state that elevates transnational white, Christian hegemony. That's exactly what neo-Nazis want. On the other, you have those who think Slavs aren't white people. Also, Russia was a historic enemy of Nazi Germany.

Ajax entered this intra-racist debate on Stormfront to take the side of Russia and consider Slavs "close enough" to being white. We don't need to speculate in this case.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 am 
God

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am
Posts: 13630
ajax18 wrote:
The Russians were always against the candidate they thought would win. At first this was Hillary Clinton. Just a week after the election Russia was sponsoring anti Trump protests.

Comey only relased the information on Hillary that was so "damaging," because the deep state was sure Hillary would win anyway. It helped in the cover up of wiretapping and Hillary Clinton' Russian collusion so as not to make them look biased.

This is a work of art.

One thing I can't get over is how the public information on the Russia investigation is a goldmine of facts for coming up with conspiracies, but people who see the most implausible conspiracies in anything just say, "Doesn't look like anything to me..." when confronted by it. Take Paul Manafort's notes from the Trump Tower meeting that was repeatedly lied about by key Trump figures. It's shady as hell, obviously invloves illicit coversation, but is vague enough that you could run in any number of directions with it. That doesn't appeal to you at all, but here you are arguing that the Republican dominated FBI's consistent actions to hurt Clinton and help Trump were part of a double secret plan to provide cover for Clinton.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am
Posts: 12575
EAllusion wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
The Russians were always against the candidate they thought would win. At first this was Hillary Clinton. Just a week after the election Russia was sponsoring anti Trump protests.

Comey only relased the information on Hillary that was so "damaging," because the deep state was sure Hillary would win anyway. It helped in the cover up of wiretapping and Hillary Clinton' Russian collusion so as not to make them look biased.
This is a work of art.

It's tempting to believe people like Majax just say stupid crap like this to get non-racists worked up (or, in Majax speak, "liberals"), but we know too much about Majax to consider that a credible explanation.

What kind of day to day misery must a person live in to believe and say such incredibly stupid things like Majax does whenever he posts? Part of me wants to pity him, but then I remember that this is a misery of his own making, and all pity flies out the window.

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12421
subgenius wrote:
I agree, and as I have stated in another thread - they never cared who won the election. Attacking the system is far more effective than supporting a candidate...the system is eternal and the candidate is superficial.

Most countries have preferences about who wins elections. They just don't say it in public. Russia shows they did have a preference for Trump. Putin has history with Hillary that would make them not want her to win.

Quote:
Naw, a superficial and short-sighted view and one not likely taken by "the Russians".

Naw. Many western countries have been complaining about Russia interference. Interference that promotes far right groups who tend to be isolationists and are anti EU or NATO. Two organizations Putin would love to see gone.

Quote:
The sole reason and the only sensible one.

Certainly not the sole reason.

Quote:
has not really paid off.

It has a little, and Trump has treated Russia and Putin so much better then he treats allies. Very big data points hinting they have some influence over him.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton has similar dealings and financial interests with Russia(ns). Money is a bi-partisan issue in this context. It is not arguable that either candidate/party had "dealings" with Russia.

An assertion without substance. CFR

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:23 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 10123
Location: Your mother's purse
This.

Themis wrote:
Most countries have preferences about who wins elections. They just don't say it in public. Russia shows they did have a preference for Trump. Putin has history with Hillary that would make them not want her to win.

followed by this.

Themis wrote:
An assertion without substance. CFR

oh, the irony.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12421
subgenius wrote:
This.

Themis wrote:
Most countries have preferences about who wins elections. They just don't say it in public. Russia shows they did have a preference for Trump. Putin has history with Hillary that would make them not want her to win.

followed by this.

Themis wrote:
An assertion without substance. CFR

oh, the irony.

I already knew you had no references of Hillary's business dealings with Russia. I also know you well enough to know you agree that governments do have preferences in other countries elections. They just make sure they don't publicly take sides, and most don't get involved as Russia has.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 am 
God

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am
Posts: 4328
Location: California
Some Schmo wrote:
The apologetic contortions Drumpf supporters are making these days make flat-earthers look like scientists.


I wholeheartedly agree. I'm glad to see that I am not the only seeing that obvious analogy.

_________________
No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:07 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Posts: 18930
Location: Koloburbia
Some Schmo wrote:
This is why there's no point talking to you. You willingly believe easy to debunk ____.

What makes you think Subgenius actually believes these talking points/disinformation?

_________________
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 am 
God

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am
Posts: 4328
Location: California
moksha wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
This is why there's no point talking to you. You willingly believe easy to debunk ____.

What makes you think Subgenius actually believes these talking points/disinformation?

Good point, moksha! I think it is at least as likely that he doesn't believe his own talking points as that he does. Perhaps even more likely is that he doesn't really care whether or not they are true.

_________________
No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:15 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am
Posts: 12575
moksha wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
This is why there's no point talking to you. You willingly believe easy to debunk ____.

What makes you think Subgenius actually believes these talking points/disinformation?

What you quoted was directed at Majax. I don't make posts to subgenius, because I don't (want to) believe he's a serious interlocutor, and to answer your question, it doesn't matter whether he believes his ____. All that matters in terms of assessing his character is that he keeps spewing idiotic ____, and it looks like he does it to arouse a reaction, and no more. That's enough to realize he's worthless to talk to, and I find myself curious why people bother. My best guess is pure boredom.

Majax, on the other hand, actually seems sincere about the stupid things he says. Doesn't make him worth talking to, but at least he doesn't appear to be actively trolling.

_________________
"You get to have your own beliefs, and your own wishes, and dreams, and imaginations. What you don't get to have is your own reality." - Sethbag

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:47 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 10123
Location: Your mother's purse
Reuters poll shows Republicans leading generic ballot for first time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1cf14784-e ... shows.html

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:58 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 10123
Location: Your mother's purse
Themis wrote:
I already knew you had no references of Hillary's business dealings with Russia.

my bad, i thought you were joking with this notion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/c ... mpany.html

not to mention the known facts where Russian money has been given/donated to the Clinton Foundation, and even with assuming it was not for anything nefarious, it constitutes doing business with Russia....and i am sure that the Skolkovo Foundation partnering with the Clinton Foundation is just a coincidence.

Themis wrote:
I also know you well enough to know you agree that governments do have preferences in other countries elections.

If you truly knew me, then you would know my distaste for such ambiguity by the use of terms like "governments"...I mean is it accurate to say our government has a preference when Trump has a preference?

Themis wrote:
They just make sure they don't publicly take sides, and most don't get involved as Russia has.

Most? maybe...but we certainly get as involved as Russia has...so what is your point with that?

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am
Posts: 4328
Location: California
subgenius wrote:
Most? maybe...but we certainly get as involved as Russia has...so what is your point with that?

Regrettably, I have to admit that subgenius has a valid point there. Our country's involvement in the overthrow of legitimate democratically elected governments in countries like Iran in 1953, [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Chilean_coup_d%27état]Chile[/url] in 1973, and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27état]Guatemala[/url] in 1954 on the behalf of U.S. Business interests ostensibly in the name of anti-communism, only to result in replacement of those democratically elected governments by brutal dictatorships far worse than the governments they replaced is even worse than the alleged Russian interference in our last Presidential election.

_________________
No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:19 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12421
subgenius wrote:
Themis wrote:
I already knew you had no references of Hillary's business dealings with Russia.

my bad, i thought you were joking with this notion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/c ... mpany.html

not to mention the known facts where Russian money has been given/donated to the Clinton Foundation, and even with assuming it was not for anything nefarious, it constitutes doing business with Russia....and i am sure that the Skolkovo Foundation partnering with the Clinton Foundation is just a coincidence.


Republicans have been going after her for a long time, and so far they have not been able to collect any good evidence they did anything wrong.

Quote:
If you truly knew me, then you would know my distaste for such ambiguity by the use of terms like "governments"...I mean is it accurate to say our government has a preference when Trump has a preference?


Yes he is the face of the government in the white house and gets to decide what goes on in the white house.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12421
Gunnar wrote:
subgenius wrote:
Most? maybe...but we certainly get as involved as Russia has...so what is your point with that?

Regrettably, I have to admit that subgenius has a valid point there. Our country's involvement in the overthrow of legitimate democratically elected governments in countries like Iran in 1953, [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Chilean_coup_d%27état]Chile[/url] in 1973, and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27état]Guatemala[/url] in 1954 on the behalf of U.S. Business interests ostensibly in the name of anti-communism, only to result in replacement of those democratically elected governments by brutal dictatorships far worse than the governments they replaced is even worse than the alleged Russian interference in our last Presidential election.


His point is that it is ok for Russia to influence US elections and democracies because the US has influenced some other countries. Hopefully you would be a not agree with that point because it is wrong. No one is arguing the US has never influenced some elections or overthrown certain governments in history, and seems to have made things worse all to often for them and the US.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:31 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15520
Themis wrote:
His point is that it is ok for Russia to influence US elections and democracies because the US has influenced some other countries. Hopefully you would be a not agree with that point because it is wrong. No one is arguing the US has never influenced some elections or overthrown certain governments in history, and seems to have made things worse all to often for them and the US.


Talking to someone like Subgenius about Trump or the GOP is about as useful as lecturing Bach on diet and exercise.

For example you could link him to this article:

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... h-mansion/

Which he might click on if you summarize it for him. He might then read the headline before he gets fatigued.

You might then link this Google map demonstrating an obvious point:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mar-a-L ... cdf67c!3e0

And if you were really generous you might link him to some articles where a certain someone just sold a painting of his for $450M to someone else who is a link to various money laundering schemes in which Trump is balls deep.

This is all, of course, in context to the thread, but it's utterly lost on him by this point.

And that's the problem when you extend it out to the nation. The people who support Trump, due to their various motivations just don't give a flying ____ about things like facts because facts to them aren't facts because, just as it is with Bach and his inability to stop his fat ____ ing mouth from acting like a garbage disposal, the people to whom Subgenius is representative believe in detoxing and Hollywood diets and that science is a money making scheme.

This is why I've stated over and over again that to win the day the Democrats are going to have to microtarget demographics and meme their way to victories. It's nice some folks here and there have the mental wherewithal to parse out geopolitics, but if you want to get elected you have to dumb your way to the top.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 pm 
God

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am
Posts: 4328
Location: California
Themis wrote:
His point is that it is ok for Russia to influence US elections and democracies because the US has influenced some other countries. Hopefully you would be a not agree with that point because it is wrong. No one is arguing the US has never influenced some elections or overthrown certain governments in history, and seems to have made things worse all to often for them and the US.

Yes, I do realize that was the point subby was trying to make, and I do agree with you his point is wrong. The Russian attempts to covertly interfere with and subvert our government and election processes is not made any less grievious merely because our own government has on occasion done as bad or even worse things.

_________________
No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:17 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am
Posts: 15520
So, real quick because I'm heading back tk the Devil's Anus in a few minutes. I had to share because this really underscores what I'm talking about in the above post.

I was just downstairs gathering breakfast for my wife, it's her b-day today, and I was chatting with the counter agent about the storms that passed through and hiking on the trail. She's a woman, probably in her 50s, I think she said she something about the nor'easters in March and said this almost verbatim:

"I don't know but they were saying the government could actually be controlling the weather shrugs anything's possible! Laughs".

Yeah. So...

I didn't say much after that, I was just so dumbfounded that in the short span of time it takes to make a plate of food I managed to have a conversation that went from zero to a shallow baseless conspiracy that not only implies the government can actually control the weather but uses that power to send nor'easters barreling through US territory. And you KNOW these are the same kinds of people that you try to have an actual, serious conversation about politics you'll get the cookie cutter "I don't talk about politics/Ahh they're all liars/corrupt/liars anyways".

This is the demographic that want to treat politics like a dirty word but that's only because in order to even dip your toes in politics means actually facing facts, it requires coming within at least a lightyear's length of reality. It requires even a basic knowledge of any actual politicians, it requires even a third-grade level understanding of our country's history, laws, and government and how it operates.

That's too much thinking and retaining of information, though. They'll just unironically blame the government for natural disasters instead, that's much easier. And Trump along with his Russian consortium pandered to them.

- Doc


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aussieguy55, AZCaesar and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group