It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Swamp Watch News
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Check again. I just got done watching a FOX piece on this. Use your Google fingers.

Tucker Carlson's show was on, as it is every night from 8-9 pm and he had footage from a Trump rally. He's now talking about this?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:55 pm 
God

I'm watching again and he's not talking about it. Instead he's talking about how "Democrat extremism" is going to backfire in November and he's hosting Dana Perino who is just blasting Leftists. Are you watching FOX News West Coast or something? I think they have two kinds.

I just googled "Cohen pleads guilty" and the first FOX article on the subject is on page three and it is titled "Michael Cohen admits violating campaign finance laws in plea deal, agrees to 3-5 year sentence". I haven't seen them discuss it on live shows yet. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:36 am 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
... FOX doesn't think this is newsworthy.

Glenn Beck explained to his listeners this morning that these things don’t matter to Republicans (and presumably Fox’s primary audience) because the Left didn’t like GW Bush or Romney.

That’s some high-level logic happening, there. ; )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:08 am 
God

canpakes wrote:
Glenn Beck explained to his listeners this morning that these things don’t matter to Republicans (and presumably Fox’s primary audience) because the Left didn’t like GW Bush or Romney.

That’s some high-level logic happening, there. ; )
I've seen this line of thought a few times now. Trump is the Left's penance for rejecting all those fine moderate Republicans over the years. If we had just accepted Romney none of this would have happened!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:27 am 
God

Gunnar wrote:
Now that Cohen has confessed to committing crimes at Trump's direction and Manafort is a convicted felon, I wonder if Trump will be foolish enough to pardon them, and any other former advisors convicted of committing crimes on his behalf. I have very little doubt that he is actually that stupid.
It is tough to say, I imagine Cohen is mostly dead to Trump giving the implications of his plea. To Cohen's credit he says he would not accept a pardon from Trump. Obviously easy to say ahead of it happening, maybe a bit harder to turn down in the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am 
God

EAllusion wrote:
He already implicated Trump in his guilty pleas. It’s unclear if he’ll cooperate to strengthen the case.
Well if we believe his lawyer on Morning Joe today looks like we have our answer: "Cohen's lawyer says he's completely flipped and will give information of Trump-linked conspiracy with Russia" .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:25 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
"Cohen's lawyer says he's completely flipped and will give information of Trump-linked conspiracy with Russia"

Man, the silence from Republicans on this is deafening. I guess it takes time to determine how long it will be before it dawns on enough people, "Hmmmm... I guess this Russia thing isn't a hoax."

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
He already implicated Trump in his guilty pleas. It’s unclear if he’ll cooperate to strengthen the case.
Well if we believe his lawyer on Morning Joe today looks like we have our answer: "Cohen's lawyer says he's completely flipped and will give information of Trump-linked conspiracy with Russia" .

Well, in that case it at least seems highly unlikely that Trump will offer Cohen a pardon, but Manafort is a slightly different kettle of fish. I would not be at all surprised if Trump offerred him a pardon, and even less doubt that he would eagerly accept it, if offered. He is probably counting on it and praying for it!

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:27 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
I'm watching again and he's not talking about it. Instead he's talking about how "Democrat extremism" is going to backfire in November and he's hosting Dana Perino who is just blasting Leftists. Are you watching FOX News West Coast or something? I think they have two kinds.

I just googled "Cohen pleads guilty" and the first FOX article on the subject is on page three and it is titled "Michael Cohen admits violating campaign finance laws in plea deal, agrees to 3-5 year sentence". I haven't seen them discuss it on live shows yet. We'll see.

Not Tucker Carlson. Let me see if I can dig up a link to what I saw. It was that one reporter who sits front row at the White House press briefings. I don't know anything much about FOX television. I don't watch television to begin with.

ETA: Wait a sec. Maybe it was CNN. I'll try to find what I was talking about anyway.

ETA: John Roberts/FOX

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 pm 
God

Kevin I think it was this. In any case, it was this reporter John Roberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8xrP4OsxAA

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:48 am 
God

Xenophon wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

Trump spoke with Fox News about Cohen. In the interview, Trump said that he thinks "flipping" (i.e. cooperating with prosecutors) should be illegal.

God bless America.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:56 am 
God

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Trump spoke with Fox News about Cohen. In the interview, Trump said that he thinks "flipping" (i.e. cooperating with prosecutors) should be illegal.

God bless America.
Of course he also said that violating campaign finance law was... wait for it... not illegal either. If this was a T.V. show we would all be blasting it for its over the top ridiculousness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:38 am 
God

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:00 am 
God

Some Schmo wrote:

Dream on. I figure we'll have Trump moon us from the Marine One helicopter to out-Nixon Nixon. :eek: I bet he goes voluntarily and claims martyrdom and victory.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:26 am 
God

Maksutov wrote:
Dream on.

You know I will. I've been dreaming of the day he becomes someone's prison ____ since 2016.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:47 pm 
God

Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions pushed back forcefully Thursday against fresh criticism from President Trump, saying the Justice Department would not be “improperly influenced by political considerations.”

The extraordinary statement came hours after Trump lashed out anew at Sessions, saying he had failed to take control of the Justice Department and was given his job only because of his loyalty during the 2016 campaign.

Because choosing folks to head up the most important Federal departments and agencies should be decided first by loyalty to the President.

Swampiest swamp ever.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:45 pm 
God

canpakes wrote:
Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions pushed back forcefully Thursday against fresh criticism from President Trump, saying the Justice Department would not be “improperly influenced by political considerations.”

The extraordinary statement came hours after Trump lashed out anew at Sessions, saying he had failed to take control of the Justice Department and was given his job only because of his loyalty during the 2016 campaign.

Because choosing folks to head up the most important Federal departments and agencies should be decided first by loyalty to the President.

Swampiest swamp ever.

I think the simplest way to explain the disaster of the Trump presidency is that you have a narcissist whose success in business was predicated on personal loyalty. He has tried to govern in the same fashion, but his narcissism is so severe that he unable to adapt to a system where he is surrounded by people whose first loyalty is to the rule of law.

- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:21 pm 
God

Trump Closely Involved In Killing FBI’s Move Out Of Washington, Emails Show

Opening up the FBI’s Pennsylvania Avenue location for redevelopment would have created competition for Trump International Hotel.

This would be a massive scandal in any normal world, but will probably get little attention in Trumps' universe.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm 
God

Rex Tillerson Spent $1 Million In Taxpayer Money Flying Around The Country, Watchdog Group Estimates

Some of the multimillionaire former secretary of state’s expensive flights were clearly described as “personal travel” in newly released documents.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
Ryan Zinke is under around 14 investigations for various corruption issues at the Department of Interior. The White House recently fired the career Inspector General overseeing them without notice and had that person replaced with a partisan Republican operative:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ry-n920741

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-envir ... -inspector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 pm 
God

Rachel Maddow explains why Trump fired Sessions and replaced him with a loyalist.

Because the House is about to get a file from law enforcement that would be used for impeachment, but the House cannot receive that file if the Attorney General nukes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7q3tdko8ok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next